Winch...

Hitower

depends on what you want it for, serious winching or a bit of green laning. if you can afford a bit more then look at a Superwinch EP9, i and many others use this winch...

winches are very much "you get what you pay for" last thing you want is for it to let you down when your really stuck

depends on what you want it for, serious winching or a bit of green laning. if you can afford a bit more then look at a Superwinch EP9, i and many others use this winch...

winches are very much "you get what you pay for" last thing you want is for it to let you down when your really stuck

You've been out of the loop too long H :lol: around that price range, cheaper actually, the winch of choice would have to be the TDS

Well,,,,for greenlaning no...but i tend too push the limits of the car every sunday morning....and i ve been stuck sometimes....And theres was time that me and my friend got sutck and theres was no winch that could help us.

i just want to know if the winch is good or not...

there is one for sale for about 290 euros....

post-14042-126047996167_thumb.jpg

post-14042-126047997886_thumb.jpg

I have two winches from Warn. I'd no doubt go TDS if I were to buy another electric winch.

Sick and tired of stripping the winches to get mud and water out of gearbox and motor. Now sealed and rubber hoses for drainage I hope to save some of that work though.

But even worse, the cone brake get's oily after a while and you need to clean that too.

Seriously trying to think ,as to why you need a winch for green lanes ??

If its that bad, should really you be there :unsure: !!!! :blink:

Are you serious Tim?????

There are numerous reasons for where a winch could be used on a greenlane and none of them reckless, irresponsible etc etc.

• Gently getting over an obstruction or rocks
  • after slipping off in to a ditch
  • Getting through a section of deep ruts (tractor) without causing further damage.
  • etc etc

btw I seem to recall using a winch to pull you out on a lane in Wales. ;););)

Steve

I would also suggest a TDS. The only issue I can see with them is that the rustproofing on the tie bars is a bit non existent.

Mine have gone all rusty, I was thinking of having some stainless ones turned up as someone else mentioned but its a great winch none the less!

Dave.