muddstuff

Phillis

What happened when the domain name expired is the registrar changed the name servers.

One of the old NS was ns1.siteground235.com (+ns2....) and one of the new ones is dns1.name-services.com (+dns2,3,4,5).

For those of you who have or set up lazy (very slow updating) DNS servers, www.mudstuff.co.uk still resolves through the old NS to IP 75.125.60.15 and you get the old mudstuff contents.

For those who have proper DNS's, it resolves by the new tables to 69.64.155.121 (or 207 or ..).

A quick fix for those who desperately want to browse the site these days is to insert a line in the 'hosts' file, like this:

75.125.60.15 www.mudstuff.co.uk

This tells your computer to use the IP value given and not to resolve the domain name through DNS.

Remember to delete it after a few days when the domain name gets paid for and updated (probably to the old NS's).

Domain name had expired thanks to original website developer putting his own email details in the account email field thereby ensuring all expiry notifications went to him and not us! I can confirm we've now put money in the meter. Website 'should' be back up and running normally although seems to be hit and miss for me at moment.

Domain name had expired thanks to original website developer putting his own email details in the account email field thereby ensuring all expiry notifications went to him and not us! I can confirm we've now put money in the meter. Website 'should' be back up and running normally although seems to be hit and miss for me at moment.

just clicked on the link below your signature & got the page that cipx2 shows above.get the same from my saved fav link now, it was fine yesterday.

What happened when the domain name expired is the registrar changed the name servers.

One of the old NS was ns1.siteground235.com (+ns2....) and one of the new ones is dns1.name-services.com (+dns2,3,4,5).

For those of you who have or set up lazy (very slow updating) DNS servers, www.mudstuff.co.uk still resolves through the old NS to IP 75.125.60.15 and you get the old mudstuff contents.

For those who have proper DNS's, it resolves by the new tables to 69.64.155.121 (or 207 or ..).

A quick fix for those who desperately want to browse the site these days is to insert a line in the 'hosts' file, like this:

75.125.60.15 www.mudstuff.co.uk

This tells your computer to use the IP value given and not to resolve the domain name through DNS.

Remember to delete it after a few days when the domain name gets paid for and updated (probably to the old NS's).

I dont understand a single word of this!

"What happened when the domain name our address expired is the registrar post office changed the name servers A-Z.

One of the old NS A-Zs was ns1.siteground235.com (+ns2....) and one of the new ones is dns1.name-services.com (+dns2,3,4,5).

For those of you who have or set up lazy (very slow updating) DNS servers bookshops, www.mudstuff.co.uk still resolves through the old NS to IP 75.125.60.15 appears in the map book at the old A-Z page and you get the old mudstuff contents.

For those who have proper DNS's, Bookshops it resolves by the new tables A_Z index to 69.64.155.121 (or 207 or ..).

75.125.60.15 www.mudstuff.co.uk. This tells your computer to use the IP value given and not to resolve the domain name through DNS look at the right page no matter what the index says.

Remember to delete it try and remember what you did and undo it after a few days when the domain name gets paid for and updated (probably to the old NS's)".

Edited for those amongst us

(I understood it!)