Thought I should alert you about No Fear Off Road

M&S

Below from Findabreaker.com - I make no further comment and am only passing on the thoughts of others!!!

"I have paid a very small deposit on a part that sounds ideal, for a good price..

I was going to get them to deliver, but after having read all this I will go and collect at the end of the month.... starting to wonder if there will be anyone there! I have Edward Fears home address, so I suppose the worst that can happen is I lose the deposit and the cost of the fuel to get there...

Also wondering if the part is from a less-than-honest source now...

Reply Quote

22 hours, 18 minutes ago Re: NO Fear 4x4 #108

•Anonymous

Eds own landrover is built on a stolen chassis...mmmmm....fact

""

Keep spreading the word as Lisa Minnelli sang.............

Can't believe these guys are still getting away with this! i had problems with them last year, and went to pay them a visit. anyone thinking of doing the same...he's not very big so take a few of you and he'll soon get scared! i didn't actually achieve what i wanted when i went because i was en-route to somewhere else, and somehow he talked me into popping back in on my way home which i did to funnily enough find everyone gone. a week of ringing up every 2 minutes hassling them soon made them refund me. just block there phone lines with calls to get your money back, they'll soon realise you arent planning to give up. i got my money back in the end. i then went on to ring up a few days in a row, posing as wanting to buy a td5 engine, got him to do loads of stuff, find out details of donor vehicle, take pictures, etc etc then put off ringing to pay for it as long as possible, dragged it out over a few days and lots of phonecalls then told him who i was and that i had no intention of giving him any money! that pi**ed him off!

good luck to anyone battling with them, am going to send a link to this thread to the editor of Total off road mag, every time i see there add's in there i cringe and feel sorry for anyone who rings them

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bloody hell wish I read this Becore last week rang and paid for seatbox which has not been sent they wont give me a tracking number which means its not been sent and have blocked my call wud very much like to go and visit Edward at his home address if anyone has it many thanks dazwell24

Hi all, i found out just what a robber he was aswell, but i struck back and tracked him down...and just to say it was well worth the 400 mile round trip and he could well be seeing me again soon, the man really is the best liar ive ever come across...he was telling me my parts had been sent and i told him no your lying, because im standing in your workshop loading them into my van, and please crawl out from wherever your hiding because i wouldnt mind a little word with you....he didnt show prob because im a big ol lump who can av a go and so were my freinds who i brought with me to meet him !!! ive got hes full address if anyone needs to visit him !

Please can I have it I want my money back I'm from Gloucester but don't fancy kicking off in the yard with CCTV around many thanks dazwell24

• 1 month later...

Just been sent this by another "happy" customer of the Fears:

"they are now trading as direct 4x4 salvage in sling industrial estate over coleford direction now if that is any help to anybody if they want 2 get even"

Just keep spreading the word.............

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

They are still at it in 2013!!!...bought an engine £2500 that has never appeared....last excuse was that it fell off the pallet in delivery and was damaged...still waiting for refund...every excuse again as to why I haven't received it...at my wits end. Cannot believe they have been ripping people off for so long!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I imagine if you were of the breaking legs type they would return your money the moment they saw you.

The stories seem to suggest that if you visit them to get your money back, they hide in cupboards or under tables until you have gone!

Maybe im missing something here? Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt ebay/paypal rules now dictate that funds transferred into a sellers paypal account (in this case No Fear Offroad or whatever) cannot transfer/use those funds until the buyer of the goods not only receives said goods, but is happy with them?

But then surely alarm bells should ring? It means that ur not protected by paypal T&C's and lay yourself wide open for a reaming.... Im in no way condoning what these people (and others like them) are doing, but surely in these times of so many companies trying to rip us off, we need to be more responsible for our hard-earned....

Thing is though a lot of the purchases are high value, read of a few in the thousands and the paypal cut on that is quite high so it is quite common to try and reduce the costs. Although of course that increases the risk, personally at that price level though I would want to visit and collect.

• 6 months later...

You'd think that after three and a half years (start of this thread) something would have happened

A paltry fine, but lets hope that they are now high on the watch list for trading standards from this day forward. I'm appalled that they are still trading, but there you go.

Gloucestershire Trading Standards takes Direct 4x4 Salvage Ltd and No Fear MX of Coleford to court