DARWIN AWARDS

JeffR

MODS - we need a set of health warnings at the top of this post - for me: "DO NOT DRINK HOT COFFEE WHILE READING THIS" would have saved me 1/2 an hour cleaning the stuff off keyboard, screen and papers on my desk...

That was SO funny... :D

Roger

• 1 month later...

Just welded the rear floor into my disco 1 and also got rid of the rotten footwells as well. worked out that metal plate + gassless mig that spits worse than a footie hooligan results in lots of speckly burns to upper body. also having to keep a lookout for fire inside car whilst under it managed to put bare hand on red hot welding torch whilst rushing from under the car to blow said flames out!. nothing worst than singed hair and skin to remind you that you own a Land Rover. glad you are okay now though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Lol, have just read this whole thread after your prompting Jeff :) Pure brilliance, the wife thinks I'm a mad loon now for laughing at the computer .... what am I on about? she's thought I was mad for a lot longer than that ;)

Reminds me of a little experiment I decided to conduct when I went home for lunch from secondary school. Pure Trich is actually quite hard to set on fire, but you can do it with a blow torch if you try for long enough. The clouds of white smoke are both impressive and quite noticeable from a mid terrace garden shed :-/

PS You never did relate your two holiday stories.....

you know, I forgot to write them, from memory I kinda got involved in re-jigging the Landrover owners manual, which reminds me , there's still a couple of chapters of that which need finishing. Sadly Disco must come first.

Thought I'd give this a little bump. Jeff, I have read these stories out to a number of friends during a heavy "comtemplating session" (as you put it) and they almost died laughing and are demanding more!

Thought I'd give this a little bump. Jeff, I have read these stories out to a number of friends during a heavy "comtemplating session" (as you put it) and they almost died laughing and are demanding more!

I've got some work to finish off over the next few weeks, but there are a number of drafts on my hard drive, including the final bits of the alternative workshop manual.....So keep ya peepers skinned.