V8 out , TDi in

Hello

Last night I bought a 130 chassis cab on a C plate which has a V8 and an LT85 box (factory fit) :) I'll post some pictures in the members vehicle section once I've collected it next week ;)

The plan is to remove the V8 and LT85 and fit a 300tdi and R380 box , so the question is are the mounts the same or do I need to cut and carve :unsure: ?

Cheers

Gary

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dont fit the oil-burner. You WILL regret it... **hides and waits for incoming shells**

Phil

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees , I want to use the 130 for work so don't fancy trying to keep a V8 in petrol especially with my driving style :ph34r:

Gary

Done it the other way (correct way) 'round on a 110. 4 pot to V8

Gear box mount holes are same in chassis but put gear box in different location, can't remember if forward or backwards but V8 props aren't same.

Engine mounts on V8 are similar to 200TDi and all previous but are further forward in chassis. 300TDi are different, they use 'square mounts' as opposed to round ones.

LT85 tunnel isn't same, it puts stick nearer bulkhead.

So.

Engine, gearbox, propshafts, exhaust, radiator, tunnel, diesel filter, etc., etc., = a lot.

Whereas LPG = not so much. And a lot more fun to drive.

Done it the other way (correct way) 'round on a 110. 4 pot to V8

Gear box mount holes are same in chassis but put gear box in different location, can't remember if forward or backwards but V8 props aren't same.

Engine mounts on V8 are similar to 200TDi and all previous but are further forward in chassis. 300TDi are different, they use 'square mounts' as opposed to round ones.

LT85 tunnel isn't same, it puts stick nearer bulkhead.

So.

Engine, gearbox, propshafts, exhaust, radiator, tunnel, diesel filter, etc., etc., = a lot.

Whereas LPG = not so much. And a lot more fun to drive.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LPG it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mounts not same , even when change gearbox mounts (£19 a pair) you need to weld a new set of mounts on (available from Richards chassis at about a tenner each)

to do the r380 you need to change the diaphragm, and all the rest as above............................. BUT JUST DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG

------------------------------------

JE bored and lined block to ~4.2

Weber / Edelbrock 500cfm carb

decked block to maintain 9.5:1

stage 3 head with MASSIVE valves

218 new cam

bleed-down lifters (rhoads)

steel rockers to allow higher revving

lightened and balanced con rods / crankshaft :ph34r:

Can I add a spanner to the works and say don't put a 300tdi in or keep the V8. :blink:

Keep the LT85 box and put a 2.8TD Isuzu block in it, and if you can't fins one of those but the 3.1TD Isuzu in instead. Better fuel economy than the Land Rover engines, more power and MUCH more reliable. :D

Oh and if you insist on taking the LT85 box out if its a good one can I get first dibs on it.

I had a 130 V8 that was fitted wih under slug LPG tanks and wouldn't of changed it for the world.Still got a 88" with a 4ltr V8 and LPG in it.Fill up with gas for 54p per ltr and get 14-15 MPG so works out the same as a 300 TDI to run but much more fun !!

With what you have keep the V8, I'm doing the Isuzu conversion at present, it's not that straight forward or cheap. I didn't keep my V8 as I dont have the room inside for the large tanks. The thing to think about is range my former conversion would do about 150 miles before I needed to go looking for gas, ok local but on long journeys could be a pain. However, as a 130 you'll have much more space so fit big twins. I had thought of running my ignition through megajolt or mega squirt so it could keep 2 timing maps, a number of people seem to rate mega squirt and there appears to be a fair bit of Rover injection stuff about.

Only go the Isuzu route if gas is impossible.

just for all you 200/300 TDI lovers don't forget that from 2012 you wont be able to drive within the M25 as you wont meet the emissions.But if you keep the V8 and put Lpg on it you will be clean and green. my v8 only runs on Lpg and i love it

The sound of a v8 is greatttttt :D :D

mog