Mr vosa was not happy about my exhaust...

Phillis

Someone driving on your back bumper is a bit different, that can (as in your case) be seen as encouraging people to speed up. If they do this, then their on-board video will show it and yes you can argue it in court that they were pushing you into it.

However, that is not the same as the original statement that following you for a while = harassment, which it doesn't.

I recently lopped the back box off my 300tdi disco to make a side exit and it made no audible difference whatsoever. This suggests that if you refit only the back box to yours it won't make it any quieter. Having said that I'd be amazed if a 200tdi would be too loud even if you removed the entire exhaust. The 'halfords massive' seem to get away with worse around here anyhow.

^^^

re noise anyone been near a v8 TVR ? :ph34r:

Music not noise - but ferkin loud music :rofl:

Nige

When we were testing the race Ferrari a few years ago, every track day I went to you got the musical sound of the TVR engines invariably followed rapidly by the sound of crunching fibreglass and shredding metal as they went backwards into the nearest bit of Armco. Engines: great, looks: debatable, handling: truly dreadful - though the race Tuscans seem well sorted.

Now for a real engine check out the BRM V16

I think that recording was done when Nick Mason (Pink Floyd drummer) ran his at the Silverstone Historic some years ago. It certainly made me grin for a fortnight. He described owning this car as more expensive per yard he had driven it than best Axminster carpet :P

And of course there is always being buzzed by a Spitfire - again grinningly awe creating. A friend has a Merlin engine but without the rest of the plane; well oiled at a party he started it up and the shed next door fell down - shame I missed that one.

Richard

had a listen to me mates shogun with a 3 inch straight through pipe and blimey it gave me a headache when he reved it :( guess i was just unlucky, thought on the slip he gave me it put replace silencer, and take it for mot, so if i put a backbox on it should be fine, as its got a box on,, we shall see, i dont really want to get another middle box as i just bought the straight through pipe from steve parker, and my rear pipe needs replacing as it looks a tad rotten,

^^^

re noise anyone been near a v8 TVR ? :ph34r:

Music not noise - but ferkin loud music :rofl:

Nige

**Note to self** Must get Cerbera back on the road this year!

With both cats out it sounds more high powered bike than a lazy rover v8. But I like both :D

So would 'Police Covert Capture Cars', but they seem to be legal :/

Yes, that's because they don't follow you down the road saying "please break into me".

But they do leave electrical items on display to deliberately tempt people to break into them....

There's a difference between temptation and coercion. What's your point exactly? :unsure:

That there are parallels to be drawn between the practices.

if i walk past a parked car with a £500 laptop sat on the seat i'm not temped to brake into it.( may think what silly people left that on display). but 'Police Covert Capture Cars' are only tempting to the type of person that is likey to do it so,witch i think is a good thing in my eyes. gets them off the street and piching are land rovers.

A 24 litre Napier - pah.

How about a 46 litre V12

http://sinsheim.technik-museum.de/en/project-car-brutus

Chain drive to the rear wheels, drum brakes on the rear, and "ahem" NO brakes on the front wheels.

Saw it at the Cholmodeley Pageant of Power last year, but unfortunately didn't get to see it running. I love the noise in the video. Not too sure I'd eat that sausage though...

A 24 litre Napier - pah.

How about a 46 litre V12

http://sinsheim.technik-museum.de/en/project-car-brutus

Chain drive to the rear wheels, drum brakes on the rear, and "ahem" NO brakes on the front wheels.

Saw it at the Cholmodeley Pageant of Power last year, but unfortunately didn't get to see it running. I love the noise in the video. Not too sure I'd eat that sausage though...

:D

What an engine! wonder what the mpg is?

This is the best i can do.... (only 27 litres i'm afraid)

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/old-car-info/rover-sd1-27-litre-v12.html

Its a bit mental - i saw it at the Bromley Paegent of Motoring a few years ago - same engine as the Spitfire (plane, not Triumph) i beleive. The suspension consisted fo girders when i saw it, so the finished article has come a long way!

Heres a couple of vids..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85jfBxQP4ZI

The sounds in the first one are great. The views in the second one arent too bad! Just to keep it on topic.......perhaps i should look into a Merlin engine for the 110.