WhoooHoooo There a Mid Year Old Sodbury / Newbury Sortout

As the website said about camping although there was no detail so I mailed them the reply is below @£12 per adult for the whole weekend it seems like a good deal.

Hi

Just turn up from 2pm on the Friday no need to book.

basically camping is £12 per adult,( 2 days show admittance) under 16,s free.

toilets and showers onsite, No camping available on Sunday night.

Thanks

Mark Woodward

• 2 weeks later...

Good. Pretty bad marketing though, if it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have known about it.

Daan

Same here. And I'm busy this weekend, so can't go anyway :(

It has been in most of the LR comics, I guess it depends if you flick through the carp to find the articles!!

A lot of us don't bother with the comics any more, so rely on word of mouth.

I don't think this lot have ever been great at advertising especially if you don't read the comics relying more on word of mouth etc, lets face it the website might as well not exits!! But I bet there will still be a queue!!

Jason.

Been there, done that today, have to be brutally honest, as I live in Swindon I would not have traveled further for it, lots of people saying the same thing today very quiet, and yesterday some of the traders said they never opened up due to lack of foot traffic.

Can't help thinking it needed more or better advertising, tool stalls were much of the same as you see at most shows throughout the year regardless of whether it is auto related or not, unforyunately peddling the same stuff at the usual prices.

Looking forward to October though as by then more bits will have fallen off and need replacing, still lets see if the 'Mark Woodward' team raise their game and advertise it properly

Just got back again only down the road, again smaller than the normal ones but still took 4 hours to walk around was worth the £6 entry fee the biggest problem I have with these shows is the same as always, people asking unrealistic prices for second hand equipment, I was not expecting it for free but for example: the chap I was with asked about the price of a very used 20l Jerry can and was told it was "£25 as they are £29 new!!" guess the stall holder will be taking that home, I came away happy with the following:

Sankey trailer jockey trailer clamp handle £4

3 x L cotton sand t-shirts £5

Animal t-shirt (for my little boy £1)

Land Rover print childs t-shirt (Jacob got more than me!!) £10

New CB Antennae, cable and mount £15

Childs sand DPM cap £2

Large sand DPM sun hat £2 (it was getting warm)

Corgie fire and rescue 110 in box £2.00

Spare wheel carrier £10.00

So a £60 day not the most I have ever spent there but to be honest I didn't need that much as the normal consumables had been taken care of at the beginning of the year.

I think April and October work well as people are undertaking projects or clearing out their workshops which is when you get a great blend of bits mixed in with the trade stuff so not sure if July works saying that if it's on next year and I am at a loose end on a Sunday I will go again.

Jason.

Quiet day, but did meet a few people from here...

I agree, some people were definitely asking silly money for scrap, but did manage to find a NATO hitch for £20, as well as a TD5 dash/loom for £20...After promising myself that there was nothing wrong with my clocks and if they were dim I would simply eat more carrots...damn you Retro and your easy-to-follow write up! :rolleyes:

Defo Not as many buyers or anywhere near as normal, and less sellers, but an exellent day non the less

6 x V8 Dizzys for little money for dumpy conversions - 3 x from 1 bloke who asked "Why" - my

answer of "I have a unusal fetish " just saw him bending backwards away from me as I paid him :D

1 x P38 Short nose 4 pin diff for a conversion to Long Nose unit

Some enginerring blocks, clamps, V blocks and milling end cutters

and 4 x diffs to have as stock, all kancked, plus those given in Pex for a delivered 4 pin conversion unit, and

a selection of bits bobs and other junk, inc a ruler in stainless for £1 which I had to have :)

A complete V8 hotwire manifold to plenum cmplete unit, and so TIG A18 rods in a box

all in all a cracking day out, lovely sunny day, and buyers in demand :)

Nige