The Grave yard

Bos

Was after a new digital SLR. After taking advice from various people I phoned Rachel up who is Mike Gemini's daughter. Rachel is quite a mean photographer, knows her cameras and also knows Land Rovers. (Hardly surprising being Mike's daughter)

I told her my budget for camera and lenses and the type of photography I did. She recommended a camera body that I was thinking of with two lenses including a 28-300mm lens.

She went a grand total of £10 over my budget BUT I also got a monopod, decent camera backpack and a 2GByte flash card and delivery as well!

So if you want to buy a decent camera give Rachel a ring in Jessops, Gateshead on 0191 460 6160.

You will get good advice, a good price and delivery.

Regards

Leeds

Do they eat ramblers ?

yep, with ketchup to disguise the taste :D

Seriously tho, i'm all in favour after all we now have boar, wallabies, coypu and the odd big cat - have seen a couple now both here in wales and round the eastleigh/winchester area so why not wolves too.

You should have filled in section 9 and sent to to the DVLA yourself before giving the V5 to the dealer. This would have covered your back.

From the back of section 9 of the V5:

If you do NOT notify the DVLA that you have sold/transfered the vehicle you will continue to be liable for it even though it is no longer in your possession

DVLA have you banged to rights as you didn't notify them.

You should have filled in section 9 and sent to to the DVLA yourself before giving the V5 to the dealer. This would have covered your back.

From the back of section 9 of the V5:

DVLA have you banged to rights as you didn't notify them.

I will phone them tmrw and (blag/lie) tell them i sent section 9 (yellow) and must be lost in post

Worth a try anyway....

Being lost in the post will not "normanly" work, but worth a try !

I must spend 3 hours a week dealing with V5.s doc etc, Under dual noticification (sp) it is down to the reg keeper to inform DVLA when you have no futher intrest in the vehicle, by sending the r/h top yellow part to them, and getting the recipt back in the 3 weeks !

I sent off 3 docs after scraping to them back in sept,got the recipt, and still got 3 80 quid + fines beginning of the month

I send the hybrid doc away for colour change, did not see in in 2 months, lost in post !! still had to fork out for a dulicate :angry:

Guest diesel_jim

I was getting all excited reading the title of this thread, thinking that LR had started producing the Wolf 110 and 90's again for the MoD...... :angry::angry::unsure:

An honnest person cannot cheat paying HMRC, Council Tax, or the DVLA. Pay the fine and claim it back later. It will save the fine getting larger, which it will. Just because one telephone operator grants you an extension, it doesn't mean it actually exists.

Was after a new digital SLR. After taking advice from various people I phoned Rachel up who is Mike Gemini's daughter. Rachel is quite a mean photographer, knows her cameras and also knows Land Rovers. (Hardly surprising being Mike's daughter)

I told her my budget for camera and lenses and the type of photography I did. She recommended a camera body that I was thinking of with two lenses including a 28-300mm lens.

She went a grand total of £10 over my budget BUT I also got a monopod, decent camera backpack and a 2GByte flash card and delivery as well!

So if you want to buy a decent camera give Rachel a ring in Jessops, Gateshead on 0191 460 6160.

You will get good advice, a good price and delivery.

Regards

Leeds

That's good. But for the record Jessops wanted £279 for the camera I wanted,

http://tinyurl.com/3xmsgb

and BTW still do (admittedly not an SLR but a Lumix DMC F7Z) which I got from Bristol Cameras for £195 (note now £215 but OOS)......

http://tinyurl.com/2vyas8

You pays your money and takes your choice.......

My mother (went against all my advice and) has an 02-plate Jeep Chokey-rokey. I hate it because it's the size of a Disco on the outside and a Freebie inside but with worse plastic, but she likes driving it. However, the warranty expired in November, and the clutch pedal went straight to the floor last Friday. She went back to the Jeep dealer.

<dreaded suck through teeth sound>

"New clutch slave cylinder, love"

"Can you fit it?"

"Yes, but it's not cheap, it's a gearbox-out job"

"How much?"

"And it's one unit with the pipework and master cylinder, have to do the whole lot."

"How much?"

"We could get one into stock for you next week."

"How much?"

£600. And it turns out it wasn't the slave, the pipe had been fretting on the rocker cover from new anyway.

And it turns out it wasn't the slave, the pipe had been fretting on the rocker cover from new anyway.

Assuming you can evidence this then no problem......it will be an issue Jeep will be responsible for... assuming you can't evidence it.....get your credit card out......

I'm sticking with XP until at least 1 SP has come out, possibly 2.

My machine is pretty high end (AMD x2 4200, 1gb, 6100 turbo) but I can't be bothered, not at the cost anyway. I stick to XP and Unbuntu x64.

Do you mean Ubuntu? Used it but its not exactly mainstream.

Do you mean Ubuntu? Used it but its not exactly mainstream.

I would love to know how to get any Linux version working with both my printer and my cable modem.....

Tried Linux years ago and ditched it.......simply just not worth the time and effort.