The Grave yard

Bos

Well at the moment

I am at work and its 35 degrees and my wifes family are swimming in my pool , drinking my beer , eating my food cooked on my new BBQ :angry:

The only thing to cheer me up here is the Scott Mills Wonder years blasting out across the shop, with the song that reminds of one of jules mates James , so that has made me laugh for the 3 mins:lol: <_<

pretty fly for a white guy :hysterical::hysterical:

I had that on yesterday in the disco while driving home from work, I think I knackered the sub in my disco.

Ok well i can't moan too much about my wife apart from

She can't seamed to get a smooth gear change in the 90. Hence why i drove most of the trip around aus. Scared me when you hear that clonk from underneth when ever she changes gear. Even more so when you have a ton of trailer on the back. (Jules knows what i mean , you should have seen the look on his face when she gave us a lift to the strip club on his stag night :) )

Moans about how much i used to spend on the old 90. Called it the mistress in the end because i spent more money on it , more time with it , and f****d it more than i did her :)

She also can't stop buying DVD's , got more bloody DVD's than Blockbusters

To add

I was in Kmart the other day and they had a 30% off tool boxes. So bought a snap on style big tool box on wheel (you know the sort with the roller front and all the draws, well chuffed with it. Need to get new tools as i got rid of my old ones when we left UK). But anyway . While queing to pay . She says to me . Now don't lie to me. This is it for all the stuff you need for the garage is'anit it

I did not answer. she then says did you hear me and then repets it. I just say nothing and look at here.. She says why are you not answering me .

Well i said you told me not to Lie

the bloke behind her just Mildly miffed himself with laughter

Very good, Vicky laughed to

Who tows a caravan with their LR?

Me.

Just been offered a caravan for 100 euro. This could solve the bed in the back problem, and give a little extra comfort. I have all the electrics fitted, so ready to go.
Git. I had to pay £100 for mine; 3 years ago mind and it has been good value. :)
However, is it a real drag on long trips, especially when you can't go that fast anyway?

Mine is a big German 5 berth caravan and clearly aero-dynamics are something that happens to other people in the German caravan industry. :) I tow it with the 200Tdi 90 which has 33.6" tyres on, this does not help the gearing any when compared to 235s. It is fine on level roads but hills do bummox it a little. When not towing up hills you barely need to think about it, just allow extra room when passing trucks on the motorway really. I used to get blown about a lot when being passed at speed by large vans/small trucks which was unpleasant. I fitted a stabilizer bar and now it is much less affected by such events.

For €100 you cannot go wrong. Buy it, take the family out for a weekend and if you do not like it, ebay the fridge and cooker and weigh the rest in on Monday. :)

Chris

Who tows a caravan with their LR?

Paul

:ph34r: And who would admit to towing a caravan? :ph34r:

Anyway, I know a bloke, very similar circumstances to me, same type of car and caravan........

My His rangie is a 4.0ltr blue print on a ZF auto, running flapper and LPG, My His van is twin wheeler, power wise, towing is just not an issue, I he can get the van up to 60mph without problem, up hill and down dale.

The big issue is handling, Ive he has only got police springs, pro-comp+2" 9000's running insa turbo's and it handles like a bag of spanners over 50mph. Ihe has have a removeable drop plate also.

I put a lot of this down to the tyres and loose bushes from constant off roading (it does more quarry miles than road miles), you do get used to it, but as soon as I tow with the pickup again, you realise how bad the RR really is, the pickup would take the van up to 90mph the legal limit and still be stable.

It is much more economical towing on petrol than LPG, but unhitch the van and the LPG becomes viable again.

I wouldnt fancy towing further than a 100 miles or so with mine, and if you do break down its a royal PITA (I had some very strange looks winching the RR and Van off the side of a dual carrigeway using a lampost as an anchor!).

He said never stop the night in a lay by. Apparently there are Russian and Ukrainians patrolling the motorways at night looking for unsuspecting holiday makers. They spray a heavy duty sedative gas through the air vents! (something like that Russian theatre siege) then break in a clean you out.

This response from an anaesthetist was posted on a motorhome forum with regards to this issue...

It's a response to a letter from Mr. Brian Kirby of O&A forums addressed to the Royal College of Anaethetists.

"Since this debate rattles on from time to time, with much deliberation over how and what, I thought I'd try to get an expert view on the feasibility of using narcotic gases to knock out the occupants of motorhomes/caravans.

Since they do this all the time, so to speak, I thought I'd ask the Royal College of Anaesthetists. Somewhat to my surprise, they provided the following reply. Interesting isn't it? Sleep tight folks!

Dear Mr Kirby,

Thank you for your enquiry. I would like to inform you that you are not the first enquirer with this question. Professor Hatch, our Clinical Advisor, has given the following previous comments:

"I can give you a categorical assurance that it would not be possible to render someone unconscious with ether without their knowledge, even if they were sleeping at the time. Ether is an extremely pungent agent and a relatively weak anaesthetic by modern standards and has a very irritant affect of the air passages, causing coughing and sometimes vomiting. It takes some time to reach unconsciousness, even if given by direct application to the face on a rag, and the concentration needed by some sort of spray into a room would be enormous. The smell hangs around for days and would be obvious to anyone the next day.

There are much more powerful agents around now, some of which are almost odourless. However, these would be unlikely to be able to achieve the effect you describe, and the cost would be huge enough to deter any thief unless he was after the crown jewels. The only practicable agent is probably the one used by the Russians in the Moscow siege - I advised the BBC on their programme about this. The general feeling is that they used an agent which is not available outside the KGB!

Finally, unsupervised anaesthesia, which is what we are really talking about is very dangerous. In the Moscow siege about 20% of victims died from asphyxia, because their airways were unprotected. If the reports you talk about are true I would have expected a significant number of deaths or cases of serious brain damage to have been reported."

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Ms Shirani Nadarajah

General Administrator

Professional Standards Directorate

The Royal College of Anaesthetists""

In certain parts of europe, and the UK, I would be worried about being robbed during the night if I parked up in a layby, however I'm not convinced that these rumours of gassing are any more than urban legend. I'm sure a bunch of russian thugs could gain access to a caravan and relieve the occupants of their possessions without trouble/expense of gassing the occupants and as anaesthesia is a very fine art it amazing that they have the skill to do it without killing anyone, all stories seem to have the occupants waking up with a headache :rolleyes:

don't go laning in muddy places

don't drive it then you won't have to put oil in

don't drive in high heels, then you won't have to move the seat

again if you don't drive it grease will stay in the prop uj's

no comment, I value my life

only joking Fi

That's like telling Dark Green Shed and Jules to ditch SWMBO! Love transcends these petty annoyances!

OT but still 4x4

My mum needs a 4x4 for use at home to tow the horse trailer. It needs to be a civilised on-road driver - she is looking at Nissan X-Trails - any opinions of them?

Colleague at work has one and is very happy with it. IMHO just a tad plasticky looking inside.

There are loads to choose from in this sector - I would also have a look at the new Rav, extremely well put together.

Guest dew110CSW

Friend of ours had one - Water pump went while on holiday and they had to remove the engine to get to it!

TD4 freebie would be my choice, or one of the new Kia ones.

our freind got 1 under two years ago been in the garage 9 times all different problem new intercooler 6 month old new turbo 18 months old and just last week it keeps refusing to start several times mtoor wont do 6k a year .might just be a dog though but they would touch another and say they will get the volvo instead

I got mine from Jessops a while ago when they would price match UK online prices, think I saved about £50, but they don't seem to do that any more. I tried to get them to match a price on a lens but they couldn't, so I saved over £180 and got it from warehouseexpress.com. You might get a good deal if you buy loads of stuff at once but for things like memory cards it isn't worth trying there, online places are so much cheaper (picstop.co.uk are good).

Incidentally is anyone after a Canon 75-300mm 4-5.6 USM(like this)? Complete with UV filter and flexi-hood if I can find it. I've got a 70-200 2.8 (which annoyingly is only marginally better) so it's surplus to requirements.

Richard