Shire @ BUNNY LANE !!!!!

TJN

With great pleasure I can announce that Shire have secured Bunny Lane outside Romsey for a pay and play day on the 13th of November.

This will be the first time in 3 years a 4x4 club has had access to the site.

Entrance is £20 and opens at 10am and closes at 4pm.

You can join on the day, however we are now also recognising membership of Solent and District (SAD) and Hants and Berks Rover Owners (HBRO)clubs along with Camel Club(CTOC) membership at our events, just bring your membership card with you please.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

TJ

• 1 month later...

Back home now! Had a really nice day - it was actually the first time i've taken my 110 to a pay & play day other than as a tow vehicle - and i think it gave a reasonable account of itself!?

John, sorry to hear about your dad - he was a decent chap the once I met him (picking up the LT95 box).

Thanks for all of you for making it happen.

Si

What an amazing day. It was good to see so many trucks show up after the somewhat meagre turnouts at recent play days. It may have taken three or four years of no use to turn Bunny Lane into a wilderness, but it only took 6 hours to turn it back into an off road site! Luckily the really muddy bits were still muddy. A couple of bits were now out of bounds, but there was more than enough to keep people happy.

It looks like we may have raised a decent sum for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance in memory of Ian who sadly passed away last week. It was also good to see the majority of members respecting the two minutes silence at 11am, though annoyingly there were a minority who continued to rev their engines in an attempt to move the earth backwards despite being shouted at and have horns sounded in their direction :angry2: .

My photos are here.

6350519076_fafaf24d30.jpg

SLRC Bunny Lane Nov 2011 by ryskiphotos, on Flickr

Someone, who shall remain nameless, forgot to attach their winch rope to their winch:

6350521470_47eb465e4d.jpg

6350527642_6a864fd71d.jpg

6350529248_f12474b3fa.jpg

I believe there was other stuff going on - concrete crushing etc. and it wasn't viable/popular to have heavy plant there during the week and then 4x4's running round at weekends as well.

Glad everyone had a good time, shame I missed it :(

Big thanks to all who put pennies in the charity bucket, it's for a great cause.

What an excellent day. It was good getting back to Bunny Lane and seeing how it has changed, well, I didn't see many bits that had changed!

The muddy bits were still muddy and in some cases muddier than I thought! I got in a situation like the chap in Ryans picture above and Richard in his D-Lander (Thanks Rich!) pulled me out, only for a green bob tailed ranger rover to have a go and as Rich wasn't quick enough to move ended up pulling him out aswell! My Dad told the next chap in a Defender 90 pickup that the last 2 people drove in and got stuck. He said 'I'll give it a few more beans', sure enough he got stuck as well.

I was quite surprised when I turned up to see the amount of cars there, but I did think that as it hasn't been open for a couple of years it would be busy.

Thanks to all the Marshalls for putting on a great day.

Steve