Spy Shot of Revamped Defender Interior!!

Kev Baldwin

let's hope they sort the poor quality and waifer-thin cross member at the same time :unsure:

Not likely. If LandRover remain true to their recent form they'll probably delete the rear crossmember altogether, screw the sheetmetal rollers even closer together and make the rest of the chassis from 1 mm tinfoil. And if they are feeling generous they might actually slap some paint on.

Bill.

Interesting - when is the official UK launch of the new model? I guess it should be fairly soon....

I'm reliably informed that there will be an official announcement in approx 8-10 weeks with the first cars for sale available from early next year.

Kev

The Santana wins hands down IMHO, I see the LR mags are all being subtly (and not so subtly) derogatory about it, presumably to keep in bed with LR, but having driven one it's head and shoulders above a defender. The MOD one at Bling was pretty cool too, even with the kit-car-catalogue headlamps.

They have just nicked a tomcat bonnet and sprayed it black :lol::lol:

Jules

I think these pics are false. Sarah said her old man was going up to look at the new defedner last week or so. Need to phone her and ask her if the defender is total differant or if they have just shoe horned a disco 3 dash in

They (whoever 'they' are) appear to have forgotten some minor things like means of steering and gear selection :D

it's only a mock up anyway, I was looking at a old issue of the one life mag, in there was a pic of the Discovery 3 dash, very similar to the picture at the start of this thread, I think someone has decided to say it's going to be the new Defender dash :rolleyes::blink:

I sat in a Defender at the UK Motor Show last week - presume it was the newest available. Good to see that they haven't bothered changing the interior at all since mine was made, apart from fitting a radio console in the middle.

Front wings appeared to be all plastic, unlike the aluminium ones I'd expected...

it's only a mock up anyway, I was looking at a old issue of the one life mag, in there was a pic of the Discovery 3 dash, very similar to the picture at the start of this thread, I think someone has decided to say it's going to be the new Defender dash :rolleyes::blink:

and that LR3 dash was profiled into the shape of a Defender bulkhead was it?? Also notice carry over of switch placement from current Defender centre console. Could be a Defender mock-up, but that's unlikely as it's sitting on a production run jig.

A proper air con install is a welcome addition, but it's a shame that the front vents have gone.

Cheers

Steve