just thought id inform you all...

discomikey

why does that seem too good to be true?

It ain't that amazing, and frankly I don't see what the problem would be with using it - it's like-for-like and you're not getting away with anything. Truck looks entirely rebuildable to me, take it the insurance won't cover it?

Don't give up on the old chassis yet! I'm sure that can be straightened. It's not like it was that arrow straight when new.. Most of the body can be just kicked into shape, literally. Chicks dig scarred landies.

theres no point in trying to beat a dead horse, ive been welding it up so often anwyay recently. and the whole front end is crumpled right back to the gearbox x member.

It ain't that amazing, and frankly I don't see what the problem would be with using it - it's like-for-like and you're not getting away with anything. Truck looks entirely rebuildable to me, take it the insurance won't cover it?

truck is rebuildable, i will do a chassis swap if i can physically afford one, but for now im going to have to buy another for the next few months then it will be ip for sale when brian is rebuilt! im only third party and even if i was fully comp, it would put my premium through the roof, as they presume because i crashed that i was being a fool and trying to be jenson button which i wasnt!!!!!

In the long run it's probably cheaper to do it without the insurance given your age mikey.
it is cheaper to do it without the insurance.

Don't give up on the old chassis yet! I'm sure that can be straightened. It's not like it was that arrow straight when new.. Most of the body can be just kicked into shape, literally. Chicks dig scarred landies.

theres no point in trying to beat a dead horse, ive been welding it up so often anwyay recently. and the whole front end is crumpled right back to the gearbox x member.

truck is rebuildable, i will do a chassis swap if i can physically afford one, but for now im going to have to buy another for the next few months then it will be ip for sale when brian is rebuilt! im only third party and even if i was fully comp, it would put my premium through the roof, as they presume because i crashed that i was being a fool and trying to be jenson button which i wasnt!!!!!

In the long run it's probably cheaper to do it without the insurance given your age mikey.
it is cheaper to do it without the insurance.

I'm in the middle of a rebuild now and it isn't that hard tbh.

Double whatever you think the worst case budget will be though!

Though that does depend if you are literally doing JUST a chassis swap. I'm doing a swap with repairs to stuff I find along the way. I'm struggling to not define it as a rebuild tbh, which is not what I set out to do.

I was going to buy a second landy whilst I was doing it, but opted to go on Dad's insurance instead.

I've actually found the whole affair a lot easier and straightforward than I had imagined.

well i got him stripped down to a rolling chassis and bulkhead tonight, and the list to replace so far are...

chassis

bulkhead (rotten, might as well)

bumper

bonnet

wings

slam panel

200TDI sump

200TDI radiator

at least 1 front parabolic

at least 2 wheels

track rod, may straighten

new shiney copper brake pipes all round

at least 2 tyres (preferablly getting 4 road tyres now haha)

respray

i might rewire it myself and wrap the loom, or i may use the old loom dont know which would be easier at the mo.

im thinking that i may do a high standard rebuild, which will take me a bit longer. but look a lot smarter, like the interior and engine bay will be getting a fair bit of attention and smartening up. but it looks like my disk thread wont see any attention for a while.

I'd avoid the urge to buy another, buy a cheap eurobox runabout and spend the fuel savings on doing your ideal job on the truck you like. If you buy another one, that one will never get finished. if you're driving a eurobox you will be hating it and wanting your pride and joy back ASAP :D

well i got him stripped down to a rolling chassis and bulkhead tonight, and the list to replace so far are...

chassis

bulkhead (rotten, might as well)

bumper

bonnet

wings

slam panel

200TDI sump

200TDI radiator

at least 1 front parabolic

at least 2 wheels

track rod, may straighten

new shiney copper brake pipes all round

at least 2 tyres (preferablly getting 4 road tyres now haha)

respray

i might rewire it myself and wrap the loom, or i may use the old loom dont know which would be easier at the mo.

im thinking that i may do a high standard rebuild, which will take me a bit longer. but look a lot smarter, like the interior and engine bay will be getting a fair bit of attention and smartening up. but it looks like my disk thread wont see any attention for a while.

Well its the Newbury sortout in a couple of weeks, better get some extra work done, look down the back of the sofa, sell a kidney or something ;)

Will :)

problem is i refuse to be seen in a eurobox. when i go to uni, i wont be driving about too much anyway. the only forseeable problem in wasting money will be freshers week :(

rebuild will go into my existing thread on him. pics to come soon.

been to look at a runabout today, its a J reg series 3 (tax exempt) with a galv chassis, resprayed in marine blue, with a county back, 2.25d, very tight gearbox, nice overdrive (fairey) new tyres

only problem is it has a gay fibreglass defender style front end kit which will be coming off!

1650 for it. and he will get it MOTd before i pay.

i was thinking, i might put brians truck cab on it (after a repaint) and play about with the interior. but brians engine in it, and then effectively it will be a exact copy of brian, but tax exempt and galvanised chassis etc.

then im not sure wether to rechassis brian as a long term high standard project wich could be a good idea.

That is a bargain if you ask me Mike, I'd go for it, but really be honest with yourself about rebuilding Brian, it is pretty unlikely to happen when you have to maintain another Landy... and it's working OK, so where's the incentive?

been to look at a runabout today, its a J reg series 3 (tax exempt) with a galv chassis, resprayed in marine blue, with a county back, 2.25d, very tight gearbox, nice overdrive (fairey) new tyres

only problem is it has a gay fibreglass defender style front end kit which will be coming off!

1650 for it. and he will get it MOTd before i pay.

i was thinking, i might put brians truck cab on it (after a repaint) and play about with the interior. but brians engine in it, and then effectively it will be a exact copy of brian, but tax exempt and galvanised chassis etc.

then im not sure wether to rechassis brian as a long term high standard project wich could be a good idea.

a brian replica? what a joke! :unsure: whats the point in buying another one? when you put brian's cab and engine in the new one. wheres the enthusiasm to rebuild him? you will then end up with a F land rover with no chassis, no engine, no roof, and no front end?!!by the sounds of it, you want to scrap brian....... :o:banned: