just thought id inform you all...

discomikey

no pics as yet, they will come tomorrow.

very wet and slippery and i let off the throttle for a 40 sign half way round a slight corner, the back wheels slowed down too much, it started to spin and as there was a car coming the other way i counter steered and it ended up bashing a wall and spinning into the middle of the road,

the front chassis legs are bent twisted and torn, bumpers wrecked, front end is wrecked, engine may be wrecked. everything bulkhead back is good, but dont know about the doors as they wont shut. i suspect thats the bulkhead.

i think its galv chassis time

so in esscence if i wasnt going to obey the law, i would have speeded but i probably wouldnt have crashed haha

Ouch, :blink::o

don't think going for the 'offered tax exempt chassis' is a good idea as brian is to young [T reg suffix] to qualify for tax exempt status. better to get a like for like chassis & rebuild then he'll keep his current identity numbers [chassis & registration]

Dude, that sucks. At least you're ok (I assume you are given that you're posting on here). It's a horrific feeling when write a car off, I remember how I felt when I rolled my Range Rover a few years ago.

As has been said, a perfect excuse for a rebuild.

Ouch, :blink::o

don't think going for the 'offered tax exempt chassis' is a good idea as brian is to young [T reg suffix] to qualify for tax exempt status. better to get a like for like chassis & rebuild then he'll keep his current identity numbers [chassis & registration]

i think what he meant ralph is that hes been offered a complete series 3 on a galvanised chassis. NOT just a chassis and ID.

Mikey, where is that? i went to school in bakewell (only a couple of years above you ;) )

Uni in shropshire? Sounds like harper adams to me. I have just finished there but am still living in newport so might see you around at somepoint. Good luck with the rebuild, it doesn't look too bad, just rechassis and bend the pannels back as you are bound to bend them again if you off road it for long enough.

Jon

i think what he meant ralph is that hes been offered a complete series 3 on a galvanised chassis. NOT just a chassis and ID.

Mikey, where is that? i went to school in bakewell (only a couple of years above you ;) )

a515 just before ashbourne coming from buxton way

Uni in shropshire? Sounds like harper adams to me. I have just finished there but am still living in newport so might see you around at somepoint. Good luck with the rebuild, it doesn't look too bad, just rechassis and bend the pannels back as you are bound to bend them again if you off road it for long enough.

Jon

yes Harper adams ;)

it was the 'tax exempt' bit I was refering to either way it would be 'brian' butanother rebuilt vehicle.

i have been offered another complete tax exemt series 3 as a replacement is what i meant.