just thought id inform you all...

discomikey

new plan, and final plan. the one im buying is really quite origional, so im going to remove the gay defender/ stage one bonnet. and replace with series 3 items,

smarten up the interior, leave it as a county and use it as a runabout,

will probably TDI it for now, but keep the origional engine to go back in when i sell it. and ill not hack up the engine bay to fit the TDI, i will use the hacked slam panel from brian f it will de-twist.

do brian up, in the meantime to his former glory (and better) on a glav chassis,

when brian is finished i will sell the other series 3 as an origional standard spec series to some rich person who wants a classic land rover but doesent really know what there worth ;) and get some of my money back like that.

also if anyone wants to help me to locate cheap parts for a brian (colour dont matter)

maybe donat a couple themselves for a few beer tokens i would be very grateful.

i also have for sale some bits. will put up a thread.

If you can operate a spanner you have the skills for a chassis swap, surely?

come on fridge, you've even posted some of the ebay abominations on here yourself - not everyone can handle a spanner.....

as for your plans mikey, get the S3 on the galv chassis (absolute bargain at that price with 12 months ticket - just check it over properly when you get home, can't be too careful with cheap cars and a new mot) then rebuild "brian" to show spec - but with your own twists ie tdi engine, just try to make it look like it was built by the factory.

Just please use this vehicle as inspiration of what NOT to do:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=270815205063

:sob:

That bonnet looks 'interesting' :blink:

you'd have to question the statement

'its late 300tdi range rover classic chassis shortened to "88 these are much stronger with extra reinforcing runnig right through the lengh of the chassis thanks tony'

:( Why create such an abortion ruining two nice Landies in the process?

yuk. no brian will look more or less exactly the same as he did, with a few differences, i.e. nice straight bodywork all round, and a shiney coat of paint, clean tidy engine bay, and smart interior (i was nearly done on the interior anyway, moulded an insulated fibreglass roofliner, half made the door cards, and had nice soundproofing and mats which are all still fine.

Has he answered?

Somehow I doubt he will, lol :)

With the date of some of the components he can't even claim it was done before the vehicle id and IVA regs were beefed up. Unless there is a lot more paperwork to go with it than he is mentioning it is not road legal and I image the insurance people would just laugh.

This is the classic type of vehicle that needs an IVA test, if the welding is good and reinforced as he claims no problem, if it looks like a pigeon has been squeezed from a great hight then it is potentially a death trap.

picked up the temporary motor,

here she is, fresh from the MOT station with 1 advisory

brake pipe showing signs of corrosion, ill replace that, stick some standard SWB rims on it, take the gay front end off and tidy the interior up, use it for a while then flog it.

post-13725-0-54242200-1316287076_thumb.jpg

post-13725-0-16812900-1316287085_thumb.jpg

post-13725-0-73966200-1316287092_thumb.jpg

post-13725-0-22800200-1316287100_thumb.jpg

post-13725-0-62673000-1316287105_thumb.jpg

post-13725-0-17434600-1316287112_thumb.jpg

post-13725-0-45797500-1316287118_thumb.jpg

post-13725-0-61406600-1316287123_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

so an update to the crash situation,

the guy who said he wasnt going to charge me, has sent me a bill for £1,800.

for a £600 tops repair? i think hes trying to make me pay for the person who crashed into the same wall since i have.

the fire and rescue service want £400 out of me,

£50 was spent on brake components on the temporary motor, leaving me with less than £1500 to my name (discluding student loan for accomodation)

somehow that aint gona the costs of the bills. looks like ill be living on the streets thanks to that p*ick whos wall it was, many other poeple have said its a rediculous qoute for the repair, and i agree considering the gap is 10 foot long and 18" high. apparently its listed so even though im capable i cant just repair it myself at cost (around £100 for the right bricks and no more than £100 for other materials)

to make matters worse, i cant work because im at uni, i cant afford to run my temporary motor and it looks like brian isnt going to be on the road again for some time yet! :( im crawling up the walls in my uni room, i could at least be starting on the funding project now its home.

i think i may be in debt for the next 4 or 5 years by my calculations.

fire and rescue want £400 to wash the oil off the road, a job which i could have done in the same time by going home and fetching the tractor and water tanker and some sand!

They can't charge you for that, it's part of their job! Reminds me of the privatised police force sketch from Fry and Laurie...

Insurance should cover it all anyway.

They can't charge you for that, it's part of their job! Reminds me of the privatised police force sketch from Fry and Laurie...

Insurance should cover it all anyway.

Err, yes they can. Nothing is free in this life. you bend something on the highway (armco for example) and the highway authority gets your number you will be billed for the repair.