AWDC Scorpion Racing Trophy Round 5

najw

yes but - you do not know who was the last one to get the punch do you... you may very well have eight or twelve people with the same punch.. so how will you know who got it last and who did the damage.. ????

the only way you are going to get people behaving is by having a marshal next/near every punch. obvisouly not too close because thay would give away the punch position, but close enough to observe cheating/accidental damage.

Hi Neil,

The team or teams doing the cutting and throwing will surely have punched those punches and everyone else how then couldn't find them have not, is it not worth checking the punch cards to find out by a process of elimination who they are or narrow it down at least, if they think they may get caught out it may stop,

I imagine it's hard enough scraping together enough marshals to run the event anyhow - faced with the threat of having to stand by a single punch all day would certainly put me off. Marshalling SS1 was fine because there was some action while we were there but it'd be rather dull if nobody even found your punch that day...

PS Thanks to Adrian and Pigster for the highly comedic banter:

"Why are you winching? Did I tell you to winch? Do as you're told. Stay there. Now drive. NOT BACKWARDS, DRIVE! Now stop. Stop now! When I tell you, not when you feel like it. Stop! Right, winch in. YOU'RE NOT WINCHING YET! That's better" etc.

the only way you are going to get people behaving is by having a marshal next/near every punch. obvisouly not too close because thay would give away the punch position, but close enough to observe cheating/accidental damage.

Hi all

glad to see you enjoyed the weekend well done to you all roll on the next one :D

if we could have a marshal at all the punches we would. the trouble is as always not enough marshals sometimes we barely have enough to cover the event and are streched to the limit just to cover the special stages! let alone running around the site collecting all the punches bunting etc at the end of the day.

many thank's to all who did marshal and did there bit.

spotted Les in the local Mc Don's getting more fuel no doubt! :ph34r:

challenge chief marshal

Andy (black bobtail rangie)

PS Thanks to Adrian and Pigster for the highly comedic banter:

"Why are you winching? Did I tell you to winch? Do as you're told. Stay there. Now drive. NOT BACKWARDS, DRIVE! Now stop. Stop now! When I tell you, not when you feel like it. Stop! Right, winch in. YOU'RE NOT WINCHING YET! That's better" etc.

That normal for us :) infact it sometime's get's a lot louder/course'r :lol::lol: But at the end of the day we have a lot of fun ;) Roll on next month :) i'm bringin my B/ball bat :lol::lol::lol: that'll sort him out ;)

Well i had a great weekend, thanks Neil and the team :)

Pigster and I had our usual banter :lol: all good fun :lol:

:angry: just work'd out the points/place's after taking out sat night's score :o we were 2nd on sunday :angry::angry::lol::lol: oh well :lol: thats competitions for you, good score that dont count <_<

Not blaming Tango/Les as i lost a tyre up a dry rocky river bed in the dark, not a place to chang a wheel :lol:

Night section's/Team's let's have some more B) Pick our own team's? or out of a hat?. But if we get to pick, i'll stick with the same team mate's ;) we had a bl**dy good laugh :lol:

Dont like all these CHEATS out there :angry: with regards to the pipe! unless you Tape it in place and have a Marshall there all day how are you going to police it???

Well it seams to me that some are so desperate to win the championship/day, that they will do what needs to be done to win it. while others still enjoy the comp for what it is, a challenge.

See you all at the next round..... Bl&&dy hell thats a long way :lol:

Adrian,

Thanks for a great sat night and your kind words about sticking with the same team mates but we cant do that again for two reasons

1,Les and myself are cr@p and will hold you back

2, I cant handle the constant bickering and sniping between yourself and Pigster :lol::lol::lol:

Neil and team,

Thanks for a great weekend.

SS2 Drivers running, well I say running, according to a post from les i was break-dancing Les I said to collect 1 disc dont you ever listen to me :angry:

Pictures are now on my site..... Sorry Mark..... :rolleyes:

There's also a vid here of Nick and Les on SS1. Got a couple more vids to put up somewhen.

Thanks Simon, good pics :)

I don't feel so bad about fannying around with waffles on SS1 now I've seen people with 35's using waffles too. Although Nick didn't, seemed to be giving it some in that vid, more like my usual style of driving :ph34r:

Adrian,

Thanks for a great sat night and your kind words about sticking with the same team mates but we cant do that again for two reasons

1,Les and myself are cr@p and will hold you back

2, I cant handle the constant bickering and sniping between yourself and Pigster :lol::lol::lol:

Neil and team,

Thanks for a great weekend.

SS2 Drivers running, well I say running, according to a post from les i was break-dancing Les I said to collect 1 disc dont you ever listen to me :angry:

Nick mate, it's about having fun, if we get a prize thats a bonus. We'll keep the bickering down ;)

I'd like to have seen Les run up that hill :lol: bet it nearly killed him. :lol::lol: it did me :lol:

he is like a spoilt little brat when he is behind that steering wheel... want want want.. now now now ... myway myway myway myway.. toys everywhere...

but he will learn - - now site on the naughty step and face the wall. :D

Time to get you fitter mr Turner... and less pies for you.. give them back to Les and Nick :D

Nick mate, it's about having fun, if we get a prize thats a bonus. We'll keep the bickering down ;)

I'd like to have seen Les run up that hill :lol: bet it nearly killed him. :lol::lol: it did me :lol:

Glad you're all still having fun, the feedback I am getting is that everyone is still hyper even two days after the event which is great, for #60 you couldn't get much better value.

I believe that this is the best event we have ever staged which is great

Andy - good to see you on here, please keep in touch with it as it gives so much insight as to what the drivers are all about and the AWDC forum is sh*te.

My weekend was spoilt by 2 things:

1: all the accusations of cheating, fixing, colluding etc.

2: Getting home to find that my beautiful daughter has been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and has to stick a needle in herself twice a day for the rest of her life.

I am one seriously unhappy bunny at the moment...

It was an excellent weekend and as you say I am still hyper about it, as I think most people are! Planning our next outing as I type, very much bitten by the bug, Just hope all events will be as good, well run and filled with as many friendly people as this one was. Your (and everyone else's) efforts are very much appreciated.

Very sorry to hear your bad news Niel and I hope things start to look brighter soon for you and your family.

I too am sorry to hear the bad news. Tom and I will be at the next event as we really enjoyed ourselves and met some great like minded people. Cleaned the yamaha this evening and its all in good shape apart from the skidplate which will need a bit of hammering out!

We are looking at lift kits now!

normal_misc_3_370.jpg

Glad you're all still having fun, the feedback I am getting is that everyone is still hyper even two days after the event which is great, for #60 you couldn't get much better value.

Andy - good to see you on here, please keep in touch with it as it gives so much insight as to what the drivers are all about and the AWDC forum is sh*te.

2: Getting home to find that my beautiful daughter has been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and has to stick a needle in herself twice a day for the rest of her life.

HelloNeil,

Sorry to here about your daughter puts no 1: into perspective, look after her see you in rochdale

i will post cost of drain that may give you a bit of a laugh

also cost of pigging and new crowns and pinions bearings

Love it :lol:

Also the way the spotlights get MUCH bigger towards the passengers side :blink:

That's due to the way the outer lights are angled out towards the side to give a wider spread of light. They worked quite well, except for blinding Bish :lol:

Hi Neil,

Sorry to here about your daughter. Remember the kid's come first mate.

Your allways going to get no1 as your right in the firing line, IMHO i think your on to a winner with this comp, as there is no other, all in all i think its run and competed by a great bunch.

And yes i'm still hyped up, and thinking/talking about the next round, can't wait.

Sorry to hear about your daughter.

Thanks to Neil, his wife and the marshals for a good events.

Thanks to all the drivers and co-drivers for making the events enjoyable - well except for Dave Herrington.

Due to Dave being a child about having to win, I feel that the upset he has caused over the past events does not warrant the aggravation given to Neil and his wife about me. I have decided not to continue with the challenge as Neil has enough to deal with at the moment without having to be a playground supervisor.

Good luck to everyone continuing - just remember not to beat Dave or you could face being constantly moaned about as I have.

Hope to see you all in another challenge as I enjoyed competing against you all.

Sorry to hear about your daughter.

Thanks to Neil, his wife and the marshals for a good events.

Thanks to all the drivers and co-drivers for making the events enjoyable - well except for Dave Herrington.

Due to Dave being a child about having to win, I feel that the upset he has caused over the past events does not warrant the aggravation given to Neil and his wife about me. I have decided not to continue with the challenge as Neil has enough to deal with at the moment without having to be a playground supervisor.

Good luck to everyone continuing - just remember not to beat Dave or you could face being constantly moaned about as I have.

Hope to see you all in another challenge as I enjoyed competing against you all.

Is that you Nick?