King of the Climb "4x4 Hillclimb Challenge)

redrodant

Not wishing to sound negative, I think you may struggle to find competitors for one hill climb, especially given the price of diesel these days.

UK competition scene seems to be moving more and more to 2 day events, to make the travel worthwhile, this seems to be in the opposite direction, however if you can make a go of it then very good luck to you :)

Stick "Rachau hill climb" into YouTube, proper silliness. Could be fun although I can see it being for big boys only as a roll cage becomes more of a factor the higher you get, and it's difficult to see an easy "escape" option on a big hill if you don't make it to the top. Butser Hill is round the corner from me, they've got some very suitable terrain. Not that I'd thought about it, obviously. :unsure:

I agree fuel costs keep going up ect, and this is why i am doing "market reserch first" before i spend too much time and effort ect, I dont want to run a straight hillclimb "way to dangerous ect" and besides anyone can blast up a straight hill :blush:

if u fall from a hight it's not good, :( but i am thinking of a number of meandering uphill " marked out trails", so more a teamwork than brute power event

Stick "Rachau hill climb" into YouTube, proper silliness. Could be fun although I can see it being for big boys only as a roll cage becomes more of a factor the higher you get, and it's difficult to see an easy "escape" option on a big hill if you don't make it to the top. Butser Hill is round the corner from me, they've got some very suitable terrain. Not that I'd thought about it, obviously. :unsure:

Everytime i drive past Butser i think the same bad thoughts :o

• 3 weeks later...

Have had an idea to organise a hillclimb challenge type event, MSA regs, ect. I have the Perfect site ( bewdly .kidderminster area). Thinking fastest truck up a series of uphill sections, winch or lead foottongue.pngtongue.png.

Anyone interested ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yySC1jbXITA

Love the fact that a little atv on pram wheels got up there when some of the $100k buggies made such a meal of it...

I know that if I tried to drive half the stuff he does in a buggy like that, I'd be in a tree, upside down or on fire. Or all three. He seems to have a great grasp of where and what the vehicle is doing, knows when to gas it and when to blip it, and also when to hit the rear steer.

I personally get dead bored of all the southern US rock bouncing vids that pop up, but I'm happy to defend him when people say 'it's just mash the throttle and hang on'.

To me, the virst vid he makes a complete meal of everything he does. The second vid, ok, he is brave, but he keeps digging himself in because he keeps stopping and redlining it when he needs the most traction. all he needs is a block of wood under the throttle so he can only go half throttle, and he would do much better.

Daan

he needs is a block of wood under the throttle so he can only go half throttle, and he would do much better.

Daan

I thought this too when watching many of his vids, yes sometimes it's great to mach it, and the right hting to do, but rarely do you see any feathering going on, his pedal almost seems digital.

Not that I am an expert you understand ;)