PLEASE HELP 16th September 2006

pugwash

Right whose up for a party..... with a catch

I really really really really really really need to get my Stage 1 finished in record time- i have beeen asked to look after my disabled niece over the next couple of months and i need a larger car than my MX-5 and i have the most perfect vehicle- being a stage 1 V8 partially finished in my shed.

I really really really can't get this finished in time (ie before the end of september) so i am appealling for some help.

would any of you guys be willing to come and help me for a day on my truck to get it finished. A full days work with quite a few people would pretty much finish it off- at least enough that any further work could be done at a garage for the sort of pennies i can afford.

I thought that the 16th September might be good as nothing else is happening that day.

Would try and make the day a fun affair- beers, tea, food etc etc on tap.

And in the evening i would like to throw a bit of party- BBQ if weather is good- if not then a huge house party. This party is open to ALL whether you have come down to help out or not would be great to put some more names to faces. I "might" also be able to thow in a days off roading on sunday- maybe a punch challenge if enough people are interested and don't think they will be too hungover!

this would be a great weekend and you would be helping a worthy cause (and no i don't mean me!)

thanks all

jim

I think that's the same weekend as the Belgium National?

Otherwise you get my support! I could drink some beer for you in Belgium? ;)

Si

ahh rubbish i thought i had fouund a weekend where nothing was happening. Thanks for the offers anyway chaps

Short stuff, luvvers and mark, be good to see you. Am working on getting some more too!

this is weird- i seem to be missing posts when i log on at work! i can see more posts on here than i can when i am at work

anyway, thanks all for your offers of help- it will all be mucho appreciated.

James- come round in the evening- it looks like i'll be having some other non landy related people round too so it wil be one big partay.

that goes for everyone else too- if you don't feel like spending a day getting oily juts come along for the evening. all more than welcome.

P.s. forgot to say you are all welcome to kip at my place- although you might be on the floor- or even in the garden if we enough people come down!

p.p.s if enough people fancy it then i'll sort out a free days offroading in a private 400acre site.

hey guys,

thanks to all that have replied to this thread and on ORRP.

I am now going to resort to begging:

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please pleaseplease please please please please please please please please please please please please with a cherry on top come and give some time if you can. This would help out a very very worthy cause (well to me anyway).

needless to say anything that i can do to return the favour now and in the future will be done.

ALSO i am hopng that everyone will be around int he evening, and i have some friends coming down that evening, so any of you who aren't around during the day will still be very welcome in the evening.

cheers all

Jim

thanks all

paul you big hairy numpty get your cute bottom over here (and can you bring your weilding gear too- we might need- not sure to be honest!).

I am getting a list of parts together i need- i'll give you a list before you come over so that i can releive you of some of those parts you have.

am moving the vehicle home this weekend or the next, and will start getting things organised and lists made up of things to do.

thank you all of you- you are all a bunch of legends (even fruity)

Jim

I've checked my busy social calendar and I can make it for some spannering too.

You can bring my winch ;)

sorry John,

missed this one,

yes cheque book on roaders are very very welcome- as this is going to be an on-road car :ph34r::blush:

i'll even promise not to make snide comments!

that's a good question.

it needs a lot of labour intensive stuff- a lot of scrubbing and cleaning. I reckoned about 80-100 hours of work to get it to the stage of getting towards an MOT. Also an awful lot of general "fixing", basically turn it from a third built to a finished article.

There is a fair bit of welding to be done in the seat box with some other bits and bobs.

Don't forget though that a Stage 1 V8 Safari is basically a 100 without coilers. So it would take just as long.

And 4-5 people don't make a goot partay- fancy coming down?