Frank Pickles Insurance - Dump me in a Pickle ....Thank you so much

Many here will know FP have "Decided to exit the Motor Market...blah Blah and goodbye"

This is NOT just new business BUT ALL EXISTING POLICIES too, and not much notice either ...

:(

Oh Deep Joy, how I love ringing Insurance compnaies for a quote on my Truck :lol:

Not - I do try to have a life....

AF - next to hopeless, put on hold more often than a heartbeat and for longer too, with teeth grinding muzac, and a muppet that had not got a clue, .....25 mins was as much as I could take and gave up....and a range of others basically wasted my day either having "No box for a 5.2" - or the best "I have a 90 a defender but not a Challenge 90 TC whats a TC ? and when did LR make a Challenge 90 ? :rofl: if it wasn't so sad and annoying after another 20mins" - from a company advertsing that "Modified ? Not a Problem"

No, the problem is they don't know about modifications. I emailed a list of all the mods to the companies as I was getting fed up finduing the will to live slip through my fingers anwsering inance daft and hopeless Questions :

"Its got challenge wings ?" ......"Does that make it go faster ?" :( and other gems :(

So, I had a letter from a previous insurer saying "Come back to us"

I was honest and told them all the above when I rung, and that I wasn't ringing around for my health fun or even the cheapest quote, I just wanted PROPER insurance and to make sure all modifications were both understood and covered and please quote me

Have just checked my Phone - call to them and call back was 17 mins !

Quote is less than it was with Pickles, job done, all mods covered no problems

Professional, and Scott who I dealt with knows his stuff, and I can therefore recomend all here to consider them, esp if your in a Pickle. I am still waiting for calls from others I called last week :(

Try Academy Insurance - 01784 461131 I dealt with Scott

Scott - if your reading this, thankyou, my sanity (or whats left of it) is slowly returning

Nige

Many here will know FP have "Decided to exit the Motor Market...blah Blah and goodbye"

This is NOT just new business BUT ALL EXISTING POLICIES too, and not much notice either ...

I have two policies with them, and they've not mentioned this to me.....yet? Where did you hear this from? Nothing mentioning this on their website.

If this turns out to be the case though, I think Scott may be a very busy man...

Kev

Mandy @ Academy has got my Rangie covered, very cheaply, always gone down, professional, knowledgeable, and polite.

My grandmother (age 93, 1953 split screen morris traveller) and my father on a campervan both use them, and are delighted with them :)

Mandy @ Academy has got my Rangie covered, very cheaply, always gone down, professional, knowledgeable, and polite.

My grandmother (age 93, 1953 split screen morris traveller) and my father on a campervan both use them, and are delighted with them :)

Steady on its a familly forum ..... :hysterical:

When was the policy actually due to end? I hope they haven't sent you a letter cutting your policy short by several months!

I nearly went with pickles on the Series 3 last year but Flux were a fair bit cheaper and seemed keen for the business.

Renewal was 25/ this month, today is 12, letter dated 3rd

Ah, so not quite 'shocking new' news then as I first thought. They always were planning to exit the market, See here: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=72605 I guess yours has come round to the 'time to go' pile as with 'smokinv8' had.

I thought you were suggesting they were cutting your policy short!

Seriously very poorly managed by the senior overpaid bean counters

Who have decided to exit. Why not contact all customers explain

and give notice etc..? (It's called customer service btw )

Better still have another broker pick up database and offer terms

No. Job done so **** em we are out of this market and the end

Morons that managed this will.of course be seniors and on big bucks prats like these

Are not really fit to run a bath let alone a company

Makes you laugh

God help them if I ever get a mailsihot :rofl:

Adrian flux made me laught, me mum rang them to get a quote for my dads 90, Started the list of mods. by saying it has a galvanised chassis, to the reply i got is that a shortend body? also they didnt understand chequre plate on front wings and bonnet.. Lancaster ended up been the best quote for it

Same story here - but with a different insurer.

I had been with Sureterm Direct for many years, firstly with the 100' Landrover and then with the Landrover and a modified Discovery 2. Just before last christmas an envelope came in the post with the Sureterm frank on it and, as it was close to the christmas break, it was put to one side to be sorted out later, as one does.

Between christmas and new years I finally got round to opening the envelope to see what the renewal premium was going to be and had quite a surprise - not at the premium I was being quoted - but at the fact that they were no longer providing cover for modified vehicles. As I said I had been with them for many years and had not made a claim.The letter suggested I gave them a ring and so I did.

The result was I now had no renewal available to me and they suggested I rang Lancaster Insurance, a sister company, for a quote. When I spoke to Lancaster and told them of all the modifactions to the Discovery they did not bat an eyelid - but as soon as I mentioned motorsport they ran a mile. I explained that this car was not used to compete in but it made no difference - any involvement with motorsport and they were not interested.

Being a little concerned now that the cover was about to expire I started to ring around and came upon Glynwood Insurance Services. It was a breath of fresh air to finally speak to someone who knew what they, and more importantly I, was talking about. The upshot was that I now have full cover with all the mods. listed and a sensible limited milage policy (and it cost £95 LESS than last year) - Highly Recomended.

(To be fair to Sureterm they rang me three times to make sure I knew that I would not be able to insure with them and that I was covered.)

Peter.

• 1 month later...

i just had a bit of a shock - my insurance with Frank Pickles expires in a few weeks.

i get an email from them, open it up... to find a renewal quote!

it appears that they arent getting rid of all 4x4 business!

Just called them, she said that they we not renewing any 4x4 business.

To be honest, she sounded like she doubted herself, or wasn't being straight with me, in my opinion.

I then asked about my other vehicle insured with them, due for renewal end of June, and she said she didn't know about that one.

Sounds like they're up to something if you ask me.

Kevin

I'm with Academy-same one as you Nige and they've been really good, My Insurance went down last year by all of £4.00 It's on a limited mileage policy, Really straight forward with no B/S

Highly reccomended

John

I called Academy based on this thread and they were brilliant. Dealt with Stacey and Scott and great service.

Pretty much like for like cover between them and NFU and saved me £260.....

Fingers crossed it stays this way.

Neil