Guage Mounting

Hybrid_From_Hell

Hmmm

Been given by V kind mate a rather splendid :D Racetech 0-7000 RPM 80mm Rev Counter from his old track car

which was written off !

BUT

Look as I have I can't find any sort of mounting systems for a 80mm guage - 52mm there are loads, 80 = f All

Anyone got any links

Just what a simple shove in and nail to dash area type mounting preferabley

Nige

nige, if you can tig up every single bracket ever needed to fit a silly (wrong fuel type) engine into your land rover, im sure you are well over qualified to make some sort of guage pod, a,la this style.

http://www.raptor-engineering.co.uk/defender-s111-pod

but to fit an 80mm guage and as short/long as you want.

Spray foam :)

Make one, just because we want to read about it.

Purely selfish I know, but I'm nearly always bored, but too lazy to go do something like that. Luckily the electrics industry gave us the plastic enclosure.

I am a big fan of the wotwots method of mounting gauges of varying diameter.

Hmmm

A DIY one may have to be on the cards !

Not a lover of the raptor stuff, I know many swoon over it, but it looks a tad chavvy to me ?

Nige

Agreed - it's a bit bling, but will probably fit one to my build in black - not quite so chavvy hopefully! Also as said, Phil at Raptor will make custom front panels with his CNC machine for IIRC sensible money.

Back on topic, what kind of 'look' are you going for? Obviously there's the usual carbon-fibre plastic merchants out there...but I guess you want a 'stock' look, as our colonial cousins would refer to it?