What 110 Is This Please Help

Hello there , I was sent from a different forum to this forum as i was told this form is more knowledgeable and this is my question i hope someone can answer "So im 18 and im going to buy my first car/jeep and its going to be a 110 land rover.. I have found the land rover that i want mine to look like ..I have attached the picture below...I really want to know everything about this jeep including Rims or even if someone could find out who owns this or knows where i could find more pictures of it. Thanks for your time and i look forward to your replies" and this is the best reply i got

"thats a puma 110 that's crashed through a farkle shop, I've seen that pic around I think it's a promo vehicle, I seem to remember the colour is Nara Bronze.

The wheels are Stormer alloys with BFG KM2 tires.
Try LR4x4.com someone there will also be spanking their monkey over it I'm sure, I'm having a grey moment and can't remember where I've seen it before

regards all
Gren

So im helping that someone could give me some more information about this SUV or as i was nearly killed for saying on this other forum "Jeep" . If i have mis-categorized this thread maybe a moderator or someone could tell me

post-98388-0-37917700-1392747168_thumb.jpg

That's certainly not a Jeep. A quick look says someone has been spending a bit on the aftermarket stuff. From what I can see it's a pre 2007 110 [flaps in the bulkhead] that has been fitted with a post 2007 Puma bonnet, non standard rims, tyres, bumper and the paint job doesn't look that good but it's hard to tell from that photo. As to what year chassis it's based on or engine and transmission it has who knows. The non standard spec is going to up your insurance - that is assuming you are in the UK?

That's certainly not a Jeep. A quick look says someone has been spending a bit on the aftermarket stuff. From what I can see it's a pre 2007 110 [flaps in the bulkhead] that has been fitted with a post 2007 Puma bonnet, non standard rims, tyres, bumper and the paint job doesn't look that good but it's hard to tell from that photo. As to what year chassis it's based on or engine and transmission it has who knows. The non standard spec is going to up your insurance - that is assuming you are in the UK?

As i said in the other forum. In Ireland and around europe people call all SUV's Jeeps and they call Jeeps Cherokes :) hopes this helps.P.S i live in ireland :)..I could probably get a nice 1997 one for maybe 5000 euro :) which is 6500 dollars or so ..there pretty cheap here so i paln on doing up a 94-00 one up as i could certainly not afford a 00-07

As i said in the other forum. In Ireland and around europe people call all SUV's Jeeps and they call Jeeps Cherokes :) hopes this helps.P.S i live in ireland :)..I could probably get a nice 1997 one for maybe 5000 euro :) which is 6500 dollars or so ..there pretty cheap here so i paln on doing up a 94-00 one up as i could certainly not afford a 00-07

That's fine but here on this forum we call them by their proper name ;)

My advice is not to be blinded by bling, buy the best vehicle in standard form you can afford, you can then nail on any accessory that takes your fancy safe in the knowledge that the vehicle itself is sound.

Entry to the Def2 forum is means tested, those with a household income below £60k need not apply ;)

In all seriousness and in reply to your enquiry Victor, it looks like a 110 with a lot of stuff bolted to it! I will give you the same advise that was given to me when I first bought a Land Rover at a similar age to you - buy as standard a vehicle as possible. The main reason being insurance but it's also valid advice for anyone buying one regardless of age/experience. You can always add to a standard vehicle after all if such a look is your desire. I bought a car that had suffered a bit of fiddling (thought not as much as that one) and proceeded to modify it further before finally coming to my senses and realising that actually Land Rover got it pretty right in most respects and returning it to near standard spec :)

Putting my judgemental and "jumping to conclusions" hat on, that looks like the sort of Land Rover that never sees a spec of dirt to me and driven by someone who wants to look hard! But I would never presume to tell anyone how to decorate their car.

This forum is great guys, everybody has been so friendly, I was even called a troll on the other forums :hysterical: . Thanks for the brilliant advice Retroanaconda . I just really love the look of that particular 110 :blush: . Keep the advice and replies coming guys :D

Well, I like the way it looks too. As for "jeep", was it not a slang term for general purpose coined by the military ? No vehicle fits the role better than a defender. It's a pity the decal on the door isn't clearer or it may have helped trace the modifier/garage.

A few points of order:

1) It's not a Jeep.

2) I would call that an SUV, but I wouldn't mean it in a nice way.

3) That truck is the epitome of an owner with "all the gear & no idea". 10k+ worth of stuff bolted to it, not a speck of mud, scratch, or dent anywhere.

4) Filling in your profile so we know which side of the planet you're on will enable us to work out exactly how far-fetched your aspirations are to own such a vehicle as a 1st car

On the plus side, it's around about the correct wheelbase, give or take an inch or three.

Retroanaconda has it right - start with standard, learn to drive & maintain it, think before you modify.

A standard rag top Series on a sunny day will endow you with a far more positive aura than a 30k posermobile, and can't go fast enough to lose you your licence.

Well, I like the way it looks too. As for "jeep", was it not a slang term for general purpose coined by the military ? No vehicle fits the role better than a defender. It's a pity the decal on the door isn't clearer or it may have helped trace the modifier/garage.

Well i have been trying to make it out and from what i can see it says FSTS. I have tried googling this but nothing came up. It may mean something to someone here so im just going to throw that out there

I bought my 90 (and first land rover) modified. I wouldn't do it again, unless I had known the vehicle for a long period of time. You never know what standard any modifications have been to.

If I was to have my time again, I would buy a standard truck. Then you can make the car as you want it, and know how well things have been done.

I bought my 90 (and first land rover) modified. I wouldn't do it again, unless I had known the vehicle for a long period of time. You never know what standard any modifications have been to.

If I was to have my time again, I would buy a standard truck. Then you can make the car as you want it, and know how well things have been done.

I'd echo, Ross on this one too, check my build thread out... I bought a nail that "looked" in my mind pretty cool... Its never been uncool to me apart from what I found lurking underneith the bolted on bits...

Go for a good bodied truck and the rest is easy peasy.

Jeezus yer a rich man to be looking at that so, or have you been on ‘winning streak’? Low mpg, high insurance, €1100 motor tax and it’s Pikey fodder. Maybe aim a bit more basic?

Hahahahaaha... no i have not been on winning streak..i plan spending maybe 5k and my dad is putting 2.5 k to it as well because he wants one as well so we decided to pool our money together. I will be using my fathers insurance and we will be going half and half for the tax for the year

Nice that you can put you car on someone else's insurance - that's illegal here, and would see you done for fraud; our laws dictate that the main driver has to have the policy in their name, so there's no way youngsters in the UK can afford anything decent.

I'd suggest finding as nice a standard Defender you can find for the 5k and using the old man's money towards insuring and running it. Forget the bling - those whels will make it perform and handle (and to most peoples' minds, look) like carp..

Well im going to buck the trend and not echo anyone....

I dont see anything wrong with buying a 1st vehicle thats had some modifications done. So long as there sensible and not too "extreme". Ie no big 35" tyres, or huge suspension lifts etc.

I dont see a problem with you buying a vehicle with slightly bigger wheels/tyres and 1" or 2" lift etc. But thats just me.

The main arguments against buying a 1st vehicle with mods are insurance and not knowing how well implemented the mods are. On the positive side, no one ever gets their money back on mods when they sell the vehicle, so you'll get the mods cheap. Like everything else, it's a balancing act.

Unless you know the history or can see the quality of work on other vehicles, I'd say go for a solid, well maintained 110 and add your personality later.

I totally get the argument of getting a standard vehicle over modded. But lets face it, theres as many dodgy standard vehicles that wouldnt have a hope in hells chance of going through a legit mot as there are modified ones...

You pays yer money, you takes yer choice..........and chance!

Just how bad can you set about fitting slightly larger tyres/wheels? There really isnt much to bugger up. Same with a slight suspension raise.

Like i said i get the argument but each to their own i guess.

Also, a standard vehicle really should be inspected as thoroughly as a "modified" vehicle, so if any modification was done to a point of being dangerous, it really should be noticed anyway.

Edited by need4speed