Suprise Suprise Megasquirt Edis 8 no spark

PeteMck

No easy start does not help. Yer no sorry by behind I meant the gap was 5 teeth ahead. Sensor is also pretty much as close as I could get it.

OK, so no start on easy-start = ignition problem, at least we have that nailed down then at last!

Has this engine ever actually run? You mention oil on plugs etc., if things are oiling up that's a little concerning. You will coat your lambda sensor with oily residue so that won't read right, for now I would remove the lambda & blank the hole just so you don't make the mistake of believing it later. It won't affect non-starting but down the line it's easy to forget.

Before you strip the engine and rebuild have you done a compression test?

My old 3.5 was still driving the car with almost no compression on 2 cylinders, the rest below spec and smoke pouring out the exhaust so they must be pretty forgiving.

We'll see this is why I was planning on stripping it down. I've never had it running and due to work commitments and it being 50miles from where I live I've had the engine for 18months and I don't no how long the engine had been sat around before or why it was removed. So was always planning at some point to do things like rings and shells etc just so I know what sate they are all in. The oil was what made me think that something was up other than m/s. Especially as some pistons are noticeably worse than others.

Before you strip the engine and rebuild have you done a compression test?My old 3.5 was still driving the car with almost no compression on 2 cylinders, the rest below spec and smoke pouring out the exhaust so they must be pretty forgiving.

No am going to do that before I start pulling it apart. The oil in the pistons to me suggests there is a problem somewhere that while might not be the reason starting is going to need addressing at some point. So in my head was thinking if I do a rebuild then a) I'll know that all the rings shells etc are new, b) if it is the problem I could be chasing wires and things around for ever c) to get an overall idea of the condition inside.

If your in a rush see if you can pick up a cheap runner and stick that in then you can take your time to rebuild your engine. That's what I did 3 years ago, my cheap runner is still in the car and my engine to rebuild is still on the floor :hysterical:

I've been going at this v8 as and when for 18 months. I'm sure I can wait a couple more. Just as long as it isn't another 18! As for leads yer I've checked them many a time. As long as the diagram I'm using is correct of course!

• 2 weeks later...

PeteMck 18 months is not very long believe me. :ph34r:

Simple errors are the most confusing part when messing with megasquirt.

I know.

Until the engine fires up (and it will) PLEASE don't strip it down

Ii is frustrating juggling work, home life and the vehicle being so far away

Listen to what peapole are advising, the guys on here really know whats what

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Have you checked the coil pack wires are the right way round :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...