All modified cars to be banned by end of this year

.........I don't have a big enough baseball bat ....and anyway which bit would you start with ?

We are now spending thousands at work to be able to carry on making building steels in the same way we always have after july 1st thanks to

EN1090 being made regulatory . Mmm conformance and monitoring ..but not coding ????

cheers

Steveb

.........I don't have a big enough baseball bat ....and anyway which bit would you start with ?

We are now spending thousands at work to be able to carry on making building steels in the same way we always have after july 1st thanks to

EN1090 being made regulatory . Mmm conformance and monitoring ..but not coding ????

cheers

Steveb

Tell me about it Steve , I've just $punked 10 grand to be able to ce mark structural steel ( well providing We pass the second stage audit , fingers crossed :) ) what a load of rubbish :(

2nd stage next week , hardness tests then DT for approval , it will be interesting to see the results I must admit just to confirm I

know what I'm doing ha ha

It's the admin that's going to cost forever .......

cheers

Steveb

Good luck !

Who's auditing you ?

These auditors are on a good number , chap came for first stage audit , rolled up at gone 9 am , finished for 3.30 pm and I HAD to buy him a vegan sandwich for his dinner !!!!!!!

I reckon we're in the wrong job :)

Funny man :banned:

Sorry mav :) it's the process that's giving me the hump not the auditor

Trust me, auditing is never the job you want! It is beyond tedious.

I can imagine , surely the only reason somebody would do it , is for the money or cos they've got small man syndrome and want to feel powerful ( apologies again Mav )

We're using LloydsRegister QA Gary , not cheap but the guy we have is quite sensible about things ....to a point , he is an

auditor .

At £500 a day I could put up with tedious ....

cheers

Steveb

That's pretty cheap ( compared to what the others charge) , hopefully will pass the second stage , got some hardness testing to do for the thermal cutting and four other small issues to iron out :)

Are you doing execution class 1 & 2 ?

Cheers

Gary

Yep , EXC1 & 2 , no bridges or footy stadia ;)

Interestingly , the boss spoke to building control at our local planning authority last week and they had no knowledge of EN1090 and CE marking

of building steels...........

it does make you think why bother ? but we are and it seems we are one of the only steel working companies in this area doing it .

cheers

Steveb