Panhard bush set - recommendations required

Hi, All,

I need to replace my panhard bushes and I need some experience/recommendations, please.

I have a 1991 110 CSW, with a 300Tdi, which is used mostly on tarmac, but also does some significant mileage on unsurfaced and forestry roads of variable quality, and usually fairly well loaded (camping). According to the LR 1987 One Ten Parts Manual, p.435, the part no. for my vehicle is NRC9728, and for later vehicles it is ANR3410.

On the Paddocks site NRC9728 is not available, and on the LRSeries site ANR3410 is returned when NRC9728 is requested. Does this mean that the two part numbers are interchangeable?

On the Paddocks site, for ANR3410, I see one and two piece bush sets, by various manufacturers - Metalastik, Floflex, SuperPro, Britpart and unnamed. What is the general view on 1 part versus 2 part sets, and which manufacturer should I use/avoid?

Many thanks in advance.

Mike

Sorry, I should have had it in the OP, but similar questions regarding the anti roll bar ball joint, part no. NTC1888, and the anti roll bar bushes, part no. 552819. What manufacturers are recommended, please?

Mike

OK, thank you. It looks like SuperPro or Metalastik, but what's the answer to the first question:

On the Paddocks site NRC9728 is not available, and on the LRSeries site ANR3410 is returned when NRC9728 is requested. Does this mean that the two part numbers are interchangeable?

Mike

Yes I belive the parts are interchangeable, as I've never heard of two different sizes of panhard rod... on the other hand I have a feeling the bolt was of imperial size, which could have been changed latterly to a metric size...

But then again, I just replaced my panhard bushes with some generic ebay bush and bolt kit and it worked fine.

Thanks, Maverick. This was the most important question, as the right manufacturer but the wrong fitment would not be so good! :angry:

It looks as if the two part bushes will be easier to fit than the single piece Metalastik ones, which appear to have an outer metal sheath. Any comments, please?

Mike

Thanks, Maverick. This was the most important question, as the right manufacturer but the wrong fitment would not be so good! :angry:

It looks as if the two part bushes will be easier to fit than the single piece Metalastik ones, which appear to have an outer metal sheath. Any comments, please?

Mike

The metalastik bushes are a metal sleeve on the outside which is a press fit into the panhard rod.

But Mo at least you got a free set to replace them...

I fit SuperPro to my vehicles and all my clients vehicles. I've had one bush fail in 12 years. That was a panhard rod bush. It failed due to the bush sleeve rusting itself to the bolt. It was changed for nothing despite being over 5 years old...

Right, thank you all for your responses. it's to be the two part bush, probably SuperPro, since I don't have, or have access to, a press. My piggy bank had been building up toward one, but my bench vise finally died yesterday, so I bought a new 4" jobby this morning. I can't manage diddly squat without a vise.

Mike

When I got the Superpro I was a bit surprised to see they came as one-piece bushes. I'd had PolyBushes years ago and they were two piece and easy to fit. But the Superpro ones went in very easily with a push from a simple woodwork bench vice. I have a press but I didn't need it. The bushes come with silicone lubricant in sachets and that made them pop right in.

I use my truck for rtv trials..... even genuine bushes don't last a yr when pushed to extremes..... I suspect the biggest factor in bushes not lasting long is big tyres.... more grip... and bigger lateral vibrations killing them..... afterall .. they're not very big bushes!