Membership Changes - Read Here !

Hybrid_From_Hell

Hello All,

Following my previous Post : 

I have started making changes to ensure that only Valid 'Supporting Members' and' Long Term Supporters' are the correct ones on the database.

As such you might see changes to your account :D 

So, Just to confirm

Supporters of this forum, and Long Term Supporters benefit from :

• Silver Banner - Supporters - Vailid 12 Months £25 Donation)
  • Gold Banner  Long Term Supporters) - Via a £2 pm Standing Order to LR4x4 with a  £2 P Mth - Valid as long as Supporting :D
  • 'Advert Free' Cleaner Viewing
  • 'Profile' Pictures of your choice.... and ability to change
  • 'Signatures' with or without links.
  • 'Special Offers' from time to Time and /  or Discounts on LR4x4 Promotions
  • Huge Gratitude of the A&M Team for your Generous Support and helping to run this great Forum

This is a fairly intricate process I am having to go through IN CP Admin, ...so have to be ultra careful of what changes I make, so they will continue bit by bit, but have started today !....f I have made any mistakes with your account PLEASE PM Me !

If you would like to Join as a Supporter or Long Term Supporter PM Me as I am on this project daily !

Nige 

LR4x4 Treasurer & On Behalf of the LR4x4 Admin Team

Hi Nige

Why have I lost my avatar pic ? I can't see the relevance to this being linked to support funding ?

...like many , it's not like I've been here 5 min and don't contribute to the community ?  I know all the work to keep this place on the rails is freely given , but I would appreciate your time to answer Nige .

Also , I keep getting logged out every time I go back to my main page - this has only just started today

cheers

Steve b  

Hello All Again, and Steve :D

Ok, its really simple.

Yonks back when the forum was financially struggling the Supporters & long Term Supporters was introduced to gain some donation income on a regular basis from some of the membership.

Whilst not 100% popular (is anything) the majority understood the reasoning and We went with it. This has meant that for some years the forum has been much safer financially, and believe you me the running costs and band width used this is not cheap. Those members who decided to pop hands in pocket and either give lump sums of £25 or more, and or £2 pm via standing order gained the above.

Now, some time and some upgrades ago it seems the forum software was overridden and avatars and signatures - once the preserve of Supporters and Long Term Supporters came back on line ....not sure how or when, but some serious time ago , so whilst many have enjoyed having them, technically from what was agreed yonks back, shouldn't have been like this !

I found this whilst thralling through the masses of members supporting STILL vs lapsed - some members had cancelled S/Os and I hadn't twigged, equally some had not contributed a lump sum in the last years and a bit (I've been generous) and thus needed resetting.

I have also, from the posts announcing this is coming had numerous PMs saying "Ooops ! yes sorry I'll donate - including some "Great Idea Yes please".

I have now started moving members who haven't / don't contribute back into the correct member groups, and await the flames :D but that's all there is really to it.

I have been thinking (yes, all on my own and not with help of any grown up :P ) about maybe an in between ?

So, £2 PM 'Gold'

or £25 per year Silver 

.....thinking 

maybe how about £1 per month S/O or £15 a year gets a member Supporter with Avatar +  Signature + banner ? ??

Whilst a £1 seem miniscle the income would be a huge bonus  and show as others support financially to keep LR4x4 up and running ?

Thoughts ? Steve ?

Anyway will flag in A&M but thats really the story behind changes being made :D

Nige

AKA Treasurer hiding behind desk with tin hat on :D

Avatars were available without being a supporting member - I've had an image since I joined in 2007. Whilst I have no problem contributing (and have done regularly over the years, and will do again shortly) the removal of avatar privileges seems a bit Photobucket-like to do retrospectively 

• Like 2

I'm aware this isn't a democracy but I'm with the masses on this. I think avitars are essential for forum use as it is a lot easier to remember members previous content....for good or bad.

that feature could at least be free surely?

Although I will add..... £2 a month is only the price of a can of red bull, red bull is bad for you, so now you drink one can less which makes you feel better and you don't die as soon from drinking it.....lr4x4 just extended your life. Your welcome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dangerous doug said:

£2 a month is only the price of a can of red bull, red bull is bad for you, so now you drink one can less which makes you feel better and you don't die as soon from drinking it.....lr4x4 just extended your life. Your welcome!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

2 quid a month chaps, far less than that **** that masquerades as a monthly Land Rover magazine and you get a shiny banner and no adverts.

So not only does it save your life by stopping you drinking Red Bull but saves your mind by saving you from reading the magazines.

What's not to like ? Win/win 😊

Mo

• Like 1

Hope you guys don't mind me taking part in this conversation as I live far away in dark rural France....

What is the logic behind this ?

So, £2 PM 'Gold'( = £  24 a year) or £25 per year Silver

So less money, more monthly costs to get the money is Gold...

I rather have a yearly invoice to sponsor than this monthly thing, esp. living abroad...

What am I missing please ?

Edited by Arjan

2 hours ago, Arjan said:

What am I missing please ?

Predictable income - a steady amount of money coming in each month is a lot easier for the treasurer (Hybrid_From_Hell). That way Nige can easily predict how much is going in and out and whether they're balanced or we need to drum up some more support to avoid eating into the reserves and ultimately running out of money and having to close the forum. Lump sums are of course welcome - but they aren't easy to predict and tend to be one off donations that people then forget about, whereas if they set up small monthly standing order they keep giving.

OK - see where you're coming from.

However, from abroad, monthly donations aren't easy to make and in fact quite expensive...

Let me see what the accountant says - if you want Continental money that... :D