1 hour ago, muddy said:

If you have crane scale make your spanner handle 1m long and use the engine ship crane to torque. 

Never heard of this, googled and now know what your talking about

They are all now VFT thanks to the mell hammer

Regards Stephen

16 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

Really wish you mentioned something about the flogging spanner before buying one….I could have sent one for postage, I know how much they can be

That would have been very decent of you Doug, the flogging spanner I've got I picked up at a vintage fair for only £18 so thankfully it didn't stand me a lot

Could have made one if they were silly prices thanks again regards Stephen

On 12/31/2022 at 5:39 PM, Stellaghost said:

Little bit of a funny story with what you've said there..

One of the fitters where I work was watching me set up the tolerances on my brake discs and calipers, I had stopped for a minute to contemplate my measurements, and he asked me what I was thinking, so I told I may him I may need to add a shim because my measurements were out by 0.2mm....

He looked at me and said " it's a bloody Landrover, an inch would be acceptable "

Had to laugh because he was kind of right so I left it as it was and I've had no issues with it

Regards Stephen

On 12/31/2022 at 8:44 PM, Stellaghost said:

I'll take that as a sign of improvement.....

Obviously just thrown the car together up to now..........lol

Regards Stephen

Lol, I was referring to Land Rovers work as British car tolerances and yours as the Japanese tolerances, as opposed to your work improving...... hmm that sounds like a slight on you too ..... I think I should stop now ;) 

• Like 1

Tentatively stepped into the world of terrifying electrickery today

20230107_142739.thumb.jpg.735074ec4e13dc97c60c003cc27e43be.jpg

some nice self tapping screws

20230107_142827.thumb.jpg.a27b043eaedbbffe42c2d9fa25956e98.jpg

Sorted apart from headlights

20230107_144622.thumb.jpg.d2f8cdef2e96b7bac78a7c9e85216ac2.jpg

20230107_152141.thumb.jpg.27b8ea459d33058c7dd1c4f439abce15.jpg

20230107_152154.thumb.jpg.89c63615d90844c4dc5d990a957ac204.jpg

yes there not standard, however I can get a full set of replacement lights for the cost of a couple of military style lenses,  makes sense to me anyway

Regards Stephen 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stellaghost said:

yes there not standard, however I can get a full set of replacement lights for the cost of a couple of military style lenses,  makes sense to me anyway

Regards Stephen 

Oh yeah because the rest of the truck is utterly standard. :hysterical:

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Getting lights fitted really makes it look close to done, great stuff. One little question- rear indicators should be outside the tail/brake lights? 

For the rear number plate light I would recommend the Britpart LED unit, much more durable than any of the bulb versions available.

Steve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve b said:

Getting lights fitted really makes it look close to done, great stuff. One little question- rear indicators should be outside the tail/brake lights? 

For the rear number plate light I would recommend the Britpart LED unit, much more durable than any of the bulb versions available.

Steve

Damn, I will just have to swap them around, the number plate light already on, works, and I also have a genuine parts new one in my light box

Regards Stephen

16 hours ago, steve b said:

rear indicators should be outside the tail/brake lights? 

Cannot find any legislation for this, according to the regulations as long as they have a minimum of 600mm between them and less than 400 mm from outside edge of car it does not seem to matter what the position configuration is

Regards Stephen

• Like 1