32 minutes ago, steve b said:

Will you have a chance to run it over a weighbridge once built? It would be interesting to see what Sid weighs in battle trim. 

My estimate is 2078kg with fuel and recovery gear :) 

Steve 

Certainly will, we have a weigh bridge at work

Regards Stephen

• Like 2

On 12/13/2022 at 4:08 PM, CwazyWabbit said:

Could you add an extra UJ into the mix to get you around the obstacle? You'd need another bearing mount too, but we now don't bat an eyelid when we expect you to do hours of machining off the back of a throw away comment ;)

@CwazyWabbit, you, @FridgeFreezer and @Daan are totally banned from commenting on any future threads..........lol

Regards Stephen

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

What do you actually need to work?

All the usual MOT requirements, heated screens 

I stripped all the old loom  wrap off  last night, there will be wiring i can remove so  that will help to make things neater. Its all bit of a rats nest, wires added, wires removed over the last 30yrs or so, any bits I really struggle with I will be posting up for advice

I'm assuming you can buy loom wrap, hav'nt checked the net yet regards Stephen

Or if you want it to be more easily serviceable, then you can try the spiral wrap stuff I used, and was recommended to use by @FridgeFreezer, on LGT:

lovingmona Cable Tidy Tube Black 10m Diameter 6mm & 4mm Wire Management Sleeve Flexible Spiral Cable Wrap Kit for TV PC Audio Laptop Ethernet Cable : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Cable-Tex Spiral Binding - BLACK Cable Tidy Wrap 12mm x 2m: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Fridge had a fair bit left over, so he may be able to sort you out with some, I think I used all mine on the EFI loom bar about 3 feet.

If I was in the UK I would do a road trip.....

Done many one off looms..

I did a custom loom for a Landie from scratch years ago. Two halfish days....

If no one volunteers I am sure you will nail it Stephen!

Ho Ho Ho and all that!

It's Christmas morning here in Aus! 

28 degrees and maybe a thunderstorm this arvo! 🥶

• Thanks 1

I hate the spiral stuff … but the first stuff Bowie has shared is fantastic. You can get a really slim factory look to things with that. 

I feel so strongly about it that if you don’t - I’ll buy you a roll ☝️  just to stop you using an inferior product.

😃😂

• Haha 1