1 hour ago, Stellaghost said:

I know exactly what you mean my original belting wings have been on for a couple of decades and not sagged, however they don't stick out anything like the above, the parlock look good but totally the wrong shape for my requirements, the belting will do until I find something better regards Stephen

What about Dibond sheet? Can normally pick a load up second hand cheaply from building sites where they use them for signage etc and then using your skills you could make a die to form them in the shape you want and make a couple of sets up for when/if you bend them.

They are light, stiff and strong. The Alu faces can also be easily painted

40 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

What about Dibond sheet? Can normally pick a load up second hand cheaply from building sites where they use them for signage etc and then using your skills you could make a die to form them in the shape you want and make a couple of sets up for when/if you bend them.

They are light, stiff and strong. The Alu faces can also be easily painted

I have some of that and the instructions say you have to cut the internal joint aluminium away to form shapes

I could use 3mm aluminium and then bond some insertion rubber onto it, but the same issue remains once bent it is to reshape,  plus you also stand to deform some of the lighter panels such as the ones I made yesterday 

Regards Stephen 

• Like 1

Hey Stephen, 

Looking good as always.....

But...... Galvanic corrosion on the earth strap connections..... (it will start where the ss bolt touches the ally panel and moisture is present)

Maybe use some boaty stuff like Tef-Gel  or maybe Anti  Seize/coppersilp or similar.

Australia day here! 🤪

Cheers

Dave

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TD5toV8110 said:

Hey Stephen, 

Looking good as always.....

But...... Galvanic corrosion on the earth strap connections..... (it will start where the ss bolt touches the ally panel and moisture is present)

Maybe use some boaty stuff like Tef-Gel  or maybe Anti  Seize/coppersilp or similar.

Australia day here! 🤪

Cheers

Dave

Bolts are all going to be sealed against moisture

Happy Australia day Dave

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, L19MUD said:

Looks good. You won't know until you flex it again but is there any risk of the rear part hitting the tyre and the tyre then ripping it off? Might need a slight trim?

You've echoed my thoughts, yes may need Mr Stanley time will tell regards Stephen