14 minutes ago, muddy said:

Yes I mean somewhere near to standard like ross says infant of the axle however stuck up into the wheebox area, much easier to box in in the tub and still leaves the middle open to use (assuming the rear cage stays also go through the wheelboxs.)

Its also watching the shocker body doesn't clash with the chassis side on full droop this is why the bottom needs to be fairly outboard.

Working on it as we speak regards Stephen 

20220923_151441.thumb.jpg.0f6542f6068bbc574fd95a1ea9e7b965.jpg

20220923_151448.thumb.jpg.d9ce348a557c0a88371a2a5c15028d6a.jpg

20220923_151556.thumb.jpg.7520cf293803f58fa3668f1f8d18e6fd.jpg

20220923_151612.thumb.jpg.ec381f17b4587a1db7c401c442b17d9f.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anderzander said:

It looks really good. You’ve done some of the chassis too? 

Once painted is that everything done to make it a roller ? 

Pretty much, just a case of stripping it all down to paint and put new bolts in etc regards Stephen

45 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Stephen, I assume that crossmember is going to be braced still? :unsure: 

Not at the moment, going to see how it fares, all of it is with 1/4" plate and one section of 10mm plate in the middle, also the cushioning will help relieve stress, everything will be checked  very regularily once running simply because of how much work has been done to make things fit regards Stephen

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Not at the moment, going to see how it fares, all of it is with 1/4" plate and one section of 10mm plate in the middle, also the cushioning will help relieve stress, everything will be checked  very regularily once running simply because of how much work has been done to make things fit regards Stephen

I really really wouldn’t do that Stephen. It would only take 2 bits of extra steel in it to make a K-member in there would make it a lot stronger and safer. 

Just my 2p

The 1/4” plate does make it stronger than it looks. But as Doug says it doesn’t take much to brace it easily and I reckon it’s cheap insurance. It’s going to be easier to do it now than bending it and having to straighten. Also, if clearances are tight to other things there’s a risk of damage when (rather than if IMO) you bend it and the axle location changes. 

Turning it into a K-shape and even bracing the straight side of the K is worth it I reckon. 

29 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

I really really wouldn’t do that Stephen. It would only take 2 bits of extra steel in it to make a K-member in there would make it a lot stronger and safer. 

Just my 2p

5 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

The 1/4” plate does make it stronger than it looks. But as Doug says it doesn’t take much to brace it easily and I reckon it’s cheap insurance. It’s going to be easier to do it now than bending it and having to straighten. Also, if clearances are tight to other things there’s a risk of damage when (rather than if IMO) you bend it and the axle location changes. 

Turning it into a K-shape and even bracing the straight side of the K is worth it I reckon. 

OK both will do exactly that regards Stephen

that’s what we did…or something similar. The 2 legs met at the chassis with the 2 legs from the rear making 2 inverted Ks. Can’t find any photos of that thing they’re all poser shots which is a shame.
794A0F5E-F663-4857-A3CD-ED11397F0435.thumb.jpeg.15b2904a4dd471535d0b92f43fb2c951.jpeg

I’m not trying to tell you what to do and it’s really hard to grasp the size of things you’ve made through photos. If you think it’s all good I’ll keep quiet

29 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

that’s what we did…or something similar. The 2 legs met at the chassis with the 2 legs from the rear making 2 inverted Ks. Can’t find any photos of that thing they’re all poser shots which is a shame.
794A0F5E-F663-4857-A3CD-ED11397F0435.thumb.jpeg.15b2904a4dd471535d0b92f43fb2c951.jpeg

I’m not trying to tell you what to do and it’s really hard to grasp the size of things you’ve made through photos. If you think it’s all good I’ll keep quiet

Couldn't put behind as gearbox mounts and gearbox in the way, I did look at it, you can't see in the photo but k pieces are bent to follow shape of cross member regards Stephen

On 9/26/2022 at 3:16 PM, Stellaghost said:

it will be a sloth compared to the little green thing which probably jumps very well if desired

Sadly no chance to prove this at 7S, 15mph speed limit, though I am sure I will some day ;)

Sid will probably be faster than you think...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

I hope so,

Never gonna touch the little green thing.......

My axles and wheels alone will be heavier.....never mind the rest of the nuke fabrication....lol

Regards Stephen

Me like heavy and strong..  💪