Which way does yours slide?

DC_

So after fitting new seals etc to the transfer box , and a new front propshaft. I’ve been wondering and searching as to which end does the slider section on the  propshaft go? I put mine back on the way it came off which was slider to transfer and the same for the rear. My mates wolf front propshaft is slider to diff. Watching my guy in Canada on YouTube he was fixing a 300tdi and slider at front was to diff. 

So is my 1987 ok or should I swap it? 

15 minutes ago, nickwilliams said:

I thought they should be oriented so that water runs out of the joint if the props are submerged when wading. 

If the joint is at the diff end (front prop) surely with forward motion it is more likely to scoop carp into the slider ?

I would say both joints to transfer, the rear one being shielded by the transmission brake

It seems there are conflicting statements in various publications, but the arguments above for having both sliding sections at  the transfer box end of the props sounds like good sense to me, so that is how I'll be refitting mine, when the time comes.

Mike

• Like 2