Bending aluminium angle profiles (20mm x 20mm)

Arjan

As English is not my native language, this is not easy to describe but I'll do my best....

I'm building an elevating roof on the 110 - basically a section of 180 x 110 cm. that is lifted some 70 cm. to give standing height.

Almost everything part & bits wise is here but one thing : the corners. 8 of them.

The fabric is attached to 20x20 mm. aluminum angle profile but I need to make rounded corners - not 90 degree sharp ones.

I found a few places who 'll gladly make them for me but they require a 2nd mortgage for the privilege..

As we have many people here from many backgrounds and skills, I hope somebody here has an idea.

3D printing ?

Open for suggestions !

Many thanks.

Out here in rural France, those shops are simply not there.

And fabrication places that are there don't even want to talk to you.

To give you an idea : I have a galvanizing plant 30 miles away and they do not want to touch a chassis to do, so I'll be dragging it 1600 miles over 4 Borders to get it done.....

Deep, deep sigh...

Shackleton on here experimented with the low temp soldering on aluminium, didn't seem too difficult, might be worth having a play? make the pieces individually out of 20mm flat bar and solder them up after??

We need a bit more information what thickness aluminium angle are you looking at shrinking machines have a limited capacity unless you have access to industrial equipment  what diameter curvature and length of material past curve regards Stephen 

I'll try to do better..

May have found a solution using a 80 mm "nylon pole"I have in the workshop..

Let me finish some trains etc. and I'll get back..

Hi Arjan been thinking about this you could form your own curved angle sections out of flat sheet with a few basic tools ie a hammer some clamps and a couple of pieces of hardwood  I have done this before you need to create the profile you want out of hardwood and then clamp your shaped piece of flat aluminium in between both pieces of wood with the section of aluminium you want to form up outside of the clamped area then just gently tap it up and form it around the hardwood  the aluminium being very malleable will shrink and stretch as required with the hammer I could give you a bit of a picture tutorial at the weekend if you want regards Stephen 

Edited by Stellaghost
Addition

I have a 3 foot hydraulic folder and flypress and a few bits of tools etc and some imagination ! 

You are allowed out next week (French virus rules). Ring or sms and I will find some time in between  hay making.

So had a wee shot at this below are the results for about half an hour's work done quite roughly results would be mint with a bit more care so raw ingredients first  some 3mm aluminium cut to shape and a couple of blocks of hardwood all formed quickly with a jig saw20200530_155238.thumb.jpg.375c12edb3e9be7fa3d7f617ea86cf67.jpg

Then clamped in vice and started gradually knocking over with hammer 20200530_155627.thumb.jpg.8e6e0c698405a17eb9fbd8f6a32e238a.jpg

Semi finished result you can see where the aluminium has stretched upwards picture in next post will show end result regards Stephen 20200530_160214.thumb.jpg.b4f86ff3c305a8206a5663454ac5f8a8.jpg

So, if I understand this correctly, this started with a flat pieve of aluminium you basically gently bashed into the bent and then grinded off the excess ?

Sounds simple - and doable for 8 corners.....