Four of the best ....

Anderzander

I was really disappointed by that - trivial media fluff piece.  

It could do with a long-form version with some explanations why the design team found them useful in the design process. I can guess some of the influences but I'd like a little more than pretty pictures. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeremy996 said:

I was really disappointed by that - trivial media fluff piece.  

It could do with a long-form version with some explanations why the design team found them useful in the design process. I can guess some of the influences but I'd like a little more than pretty pictures. 

Maybe, but the majority of the general public switches off before you are halfway. I'd say there is enough info in these 5 min and the majority might look until the end.

5 hours ago, Daan said:

Maybe, but the majority of the general public switches off before you are halfway. I'd say there is enough info in these 5 min and the majority might look until the end.

I appreciate I am very much on the geeky end of the spectrum and probably not the target audience, but it was 4:50 and said very little.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

There's as many similarities between the grenadier and g-wagen, as there are the old defender, imho.

I agree ! and for me, that’s what the video highlighted. I think there is a bit of FJ in it too.

4 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

I agree ! and for me, that’s what the video highlighted. I think there is a bit of FJ in it too.

Yep, also agreed, best bits of all, perhaps? Will have to wait and see.

43 minutes ago, jeremy996 said:

Jim Radcliffe has gone on record as describing the Grenadier as a cheaper G Wagen. As a G wagen is stupidly expensive, it must be less than half-price!

Yeah but I could build a car and claim it is a cheaper Rolls Royce!!

He is just trying to set his product further up the food chain.

2 hours ago, missingsid said:

Yeah but I could build a car and claim it is a cheaper Rolls Royce!!

He is just trying to set his product further up the food chain.

Yes, but as MBTech and Magna Steyr did the engineering for both, his claim at least looks credible 🙂

• Like 1