Well i give up

What do you have to do to get anyone to help you even for payment when you just can't sort it yourself

people say yes they will help and just don't turn up. I live in North Hampshire and i need someone to help

weld the new bottom section of my front doors, and the brake in frame by the top door lock button. also to

help get the wiring right for my rear door heated screen and wipe/wash switch and glow plug relay doe's

any one live near by ?? 

13 minutes ago, slayor2005 said:

What do you have to do to get anyone to help you even for payment when you just can't sort it yourself

people say yes they will help and just don't turn up. I live in North Hampshire and i need someone to help

weld the new bottom section of my front doors, and the brake in frame by the top door lock button. also to

help get the wiring right for my rear door heated screen and wipe/wash switch and glow plug relay doe's

any one live near by ?? 

I think i know where this comes from.  frustration..   Just take a deep breath and start again.   Nobody here can be blamed for the trouble you are going through.  

You have a door, that needs welding?  And a electrical problem with the rear door?  

I'm not living close to you, but i do know that people here help one and other.  Just do not ask out of frustration, that does not help. 

Repairing door bottoms is a thankless task that's likely to cost more in labour than a new door if you can't do it yourself.

There's Keith Gott in Alton who can do almost anything but their labour rates are high, I've head good things about Pex5x5 out near Goodworth Clatford but not tried them myself.

For wiring, maybe start a separate thread for the specific items with a bit more info in it - most garages and even auto sparkys make a right old fist of wiring :(

Joining a local land rover club is normally the best way of getting friends/help you'll be surprised how many people live "just around the corner". But more often it's a case of learning to don't it yourself with the help of others. Electrics are fairly simple and with photos and description on here you'll probably be able to sort it yourself. Doors will be easier off the vehicle but are not nice to do. I think there is a company that does door repairs.

Mike

Thank you guys for your reply's. Monkie i think i will have to try a land rover business in Eversley 

i go there for parts. Fridgefreezer i do know of Keith Gott and yes there rates are high but its par for 

coarse and Miketomcat i tried a local club but they where only into heavy off roading and thats not

my scene, get a lot of wiring diagrams and info on the heated rear window and wiper done all my

research but got nowhere, just to old for it to sink in.      

There is a chap down here who will repair 110/90 doors. Replaces the rusty bits with stainless channels that drain.  But it's a phaff so he does charge. It's not a long job though and he has the folds down to a pat.  We are still talking £50 per hour, plus materials - about an hour and half a door for front doors. He's a good welder, builds replacement Triumph TR chassis.