Jez on the rescue to ukraine

Daan

33 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Well, here we go...

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/shire-ukraine

Myself and @miketomcat are aiming to join the dots if we can and if the logistics pans out - if not the money goes to the next best cause.

Good luck to you guys. I already threw some pennies towards Jez, will do the same for you.

Let me know if there's anything I can do on this side of the pond - even if it's just a warm place to sleep and take a shower.

Also have my big box trailer available if it's of any use.

This from our lady on the ground - what they need & what they don't.

We have hooked up with Viables Community Centre in Basingstoke to receive donations so any forum-relay efforts should be aiming for Basingstoke.

Jez also requests ballistic armour, helmets, MTP pattern uniforms (minus national markings, natch) and batteries / power banks and generators.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: WHAT WE NEED MOST

FLUID RESUSCITATION
- IV fluids and tubing
- 18, 16, and 14 gauge IV catheter
- IO intraosseous infusion access kit

HEMORRHAGE (BLOOD LOSS) CONTROL
- CAT, SOFT-T or other tourniquets
- Emergency Trauma Bandages
- pressure dressing
- Wound Packing Gauze
- Hemostatic agents, such as Celox, Hemcon bandages, and others

AIRWAY MANAGEMENT
-14 gauge catheter, at least 3.25 inches long, for needle chest decompression
-Chest seals for pneumothorax
-scalpels

ASSORTED EQUIPMENT
- Alcohol or Providine/Iodine swabs
- Cravats (Triangular bandages)
- Assorted gauze roller bandages
- Band-Aids
- Assorted sizes of tape
- Assorted hypodermic needles and syringes
- Water Gel for burn dressing
- Small sharps container
- Safety pins
- Gloves
- black permanent markers
- Emergency blankets (aluminum foil), aka space blankets

MEDICINE
- Morphine
- Antibiotics
- Narcan, a narcotics antagonist, to counter morphine's respiratory-depression effects.
- Phenergan, an anti-nausea treatment, which also increases the pain-reducing effects of morphine.
- Epi-pen, epinephrine

NO PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE
- acetaminophen (Tylenol), anti-pyretic and pain reducer.
- Naproxen and ibuprofen, different NSAIDs which reduce pain and inflammation.
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), an antihistamine with a sedative side effect.
- Pseudoephedrine, a nasal decongestant.
- Guaifenesin, an expectorant.
- Loperamide (Imodium AD) an anti-diarrheal agent.
- Pepto Bismol tablets, to settle upset stomachs, treat diarrhea, and heartburn.
- Docusate sodium, a low strength stool softener.

HUMANITARIAN
- cord extensions
- power generators
- feminine pads
- canned goods
- diapers for kids

Please, no clothes, blankets... we have a lot, while other provisions are in huge need.

Thank you!!

On 3/1/2022 at 8:56 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

I think it's fair to say he's made an impact on our lives and definitely left us with some great stories.

Ain't that the truth!  He (and the rest of Flying Spanners, even Fridge 😉) left an impact on me!

Jez is definitely worthy of our support, in whatever shape that comes. 

For me, he showed that you really can do anything you put your mind to, no matter how unlikely.  This is a great example of the same thing.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Daan said:

Fridge got my GPS receiver to work, without which I would probably still be in a swamp in Russia. And it Was Jez who inspired me to go there in the first place. 

Both guilty!

Daan

Ditto daan, without those two I would never of gone.

Mike

I must admit I wasn't struck by a lot of the people driving cars from the UK out there loaded with aid, I thought it was an expensive way of moving kit and there are cheaper ways and would be better to donate to the big charities who have the links required and logistics. However reading Jez's story tugs on the heart strings and can see he is having a genuine impact. Have duly donated. Keep up the good work 

11 hours ago, Jon W said:

I must admit I wasn't struck by a lot of the people driving cars from the UK out there loaded with aid, I thought it was an expensive way of moving kit and there are cheaper ways and would be better to donate to the big charities who have the links required and logistics. However reading Jez's story tugs on the heart strings and can see he is having a genuine impact. Have duly donated. Keep up the good work 

Yeah it does feel like the big organisations should have it in hand - but experiences on the ground via Jez and a couple of other folks in-country suggest that there's still a shortage of stuff where it's needed.

I guess a lot of the aid organisations won't send people where it could be dangerous, whereas freelancers go where they please.

• Like 4