Jez on the rescue to ukraine

Daan

Just to update;

Mike & I are planning to go out next Thursday (31st) either in convoy with Jez or with him as a passenger, depending - he's back in the UK tomorrow for "some cancer stuff".

Jez has now sourced an 80 series Land Cruiser that's going to become an ambulance - we've got a shopping list for that which @honitonhobbit has already very generously helped with, but we need some decent 265/65R17 all-terrains, a winch contactor, maybe a bumper/mount.

Tonight's job is taking a shopping list from Joe the paramedic and about £1800 from the JustGiving fund and ordering a vast pile of medical gear to stuff into what's being dubbed the Rambulance.

Anyone with surplus gear from the back of an ambulance please get in touch - we need all the stuff you need for scooping people & bits of people up & getting them to safety.

Big shopping list of horror at:

https://flyingspanners.uk/wp/index.php/2022/03/09/urgent-medical-supplies/

For all the folks who wanted to buy Jez a cab heater, I've just ordered two of them - one for Jez, one for the Rambulance - so if you put pennies in the pot for that it's just been spent... if you didn't and were going to, please feel free to do so!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, landroversforever said:

John, did you get sorted with a winch contactor? I've got one sat on the shelf I can get to you if needed still. It's a goodwinch albright copy.

Thanks Ross, we've got a couple of Albrights kicking around I think.

Only real sticking point is a spare 17" rim for the TLC.

In other news we have secured more vital medical supplies...

2022-03-29_14-59-20.jpg

And a big box to put them in:

2022-03-29_20-07-14.jpg

And more lovely companies have helped us out with bits - Furneuax Riddall have provided some wiring stuff so that Jez can add more disco lights & fluffy dice to the Toybulance and the good people at Bonwycke Design found a roll of security window film for us.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

It's a one of them Toyota things, HDJ80 1990 Land Cruiser, it's got... axles... and stuff...and the rims are 17", that's all I know.

Almost anything would do.

From what I can find:

8x17 6/139,7 ET0

Looks like that pattern is shared with a bunch of stuff:

(copy pasted from a 4x4 shop): Application: Nissan Patrol Y60, Y61, Terrano , Pick Up, Navara D21 Navara D22, Pathfinder tot 2005. Toyota Land Cruiser 40, 60, 80, 90, Hilux, FJ Cruiser Mitsubishi Pajero, L-200  Isuzu: Trooper, Amigo, Campo, D-Max Opel: Monterey, Frontera, Campo Ford Maverick, Ranger Hyundai: Galloper

Truck and trailer are roughly the same length.

We are back at the tunnel now so just the train and English stint to do.

Jez has collected the TLC but unfortunately it has done a bearing on the way back hopefully he's due home soon. 

Just heard jez has got the land cruiser home, let the ambulance conversion begin.

Mike

Edited by miketomcat
  • Like 2