Jez on the rescue to ukraine

Daan

So, uncle Jez is about load up his 7 tonne truck with supplies and will shortly head of to Ukraine.

He is short of Cash to buy supplies and keep the tank filled up and needs our help in the form of a financial donation.

I think sending goods is a bit harder, he is now based in the Czech republic and leaving shortly.

image.png.921509519c284e185bcf65e8602ef864.png

For those Who don't know Jez: he is a larger than life character, who went to do Ladoga several times and helped out many people along the way.

I am sure others can vouch for him.

As said, donations are very welcome. Please PM me and I will send you bank number and sort code if you wish to donate.

Daan

• Like 3

Hi All

I'm going to make a small donation, however after speaking with Daan I am also going to put up for auction two this mornings project anvils to help raise funds for Jez

So what do you think, auction or closed bids also if someone can put a picture of said anvil onto this thread would be appreciated

Regards Stephen

• Like 1

You're ahead of me with this post Daan.

For those who don't know Jez he's the idiot who persuaded a fair number of us to come out to Ladoga Trophy in Russia for 2 weeks of insanity, I think it's fair to say he's made an impact on our lives and definitely left us with some great stories.

Pictured here at the British Embassy in St Petersburg about to drive the ambassador's wife to a reception after we unscrewed the diplomatic flag from the consular vehicle and attached it to the racer:

795713363_2009-05-29-14h40m33_JohnU_sm.thumb.jpg.d661108351e864bd1c95a861a9788b46.jpg

In recent times he's been through a hell of a lot including being diagnosed with cancer whilst trying to move his family out to Czechia in a 7.5 tonner he bought for £900 and rebuilt...

20200713_170859a.jpg.7c36fd2be066885f7840ef87660c115e.jpg

Last week he texted to say he was setting off in that same truck to ferry supplies to Ukraine, despite being in the middle of trying to rennovate a 100-year-old mill and still recovering from treatment.

Typically when I asked what I could do help he requested sex toys followed by custom tour T-shirts for the gang of Polish drivers he's convoying with :lol:

I'm currently pondering the prospect of "forum relaying" some supplies out to him in Poland, if anyone fancies a little drive across Europe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well....

I'm going into Poland later this month (31-983 Kraków).

I have about 10 M3 of space in the truck.

You get it to me in the Allier (03) before the 21st.

I can then try to deliver it to him within 150 kms. from there

Does that help ?

14 minutes ago, Arjan said:

I'm going into Poland later this month (31-983 Kraków).

@Arjan I think they are running to/from Chelm in the east, but your offer may be useful to others too - I'm in contact with Southampton Polish Club after seeing them collecting supplies on BBC news last night, they say they desperately need transports so I think anything helps.

I must make the run but the planning is extremely tight as work is crazy but I need to collect 1/2 ton of steel from there.

I go empty => Kraów so I can bring it 1600 kms eastwards but that is about it.

The challenge will be to get it here....

IF we ask friendly, perhaps a friend can unload the pallets, store them for a short while and load them on my Ducato.

But the timing is rather tight..

13 hours ago, rusty_wingnut said:

How much "stuff" are we talking? A couple of Pallets?

Don't know yet - depends who's gathered what where. Looks like Southampton Polski Klub have gotten a 44-tonner so I think they're OK, it's whatever else we can find that might need moving from the UK.

I'm fairly sure the needs are about the same across the board:

Donations that we are desperate for at the moment:
  • Thermal underwear, thermal underclothing (like leggings, blouses - THERMAL ONLY, no other clothing)
  • Hats, gloves
  • Foam mats
  • Warm blankets
  • Survival foil blankets
  • First aid boxes
  • Hand/feet warmers
  • SMALL tents
  • Any medical equipment, wound dressings etc

Also necessary, but less critical:
  • Baby formula, including special needs formula
  • Sudocrem, nappy creams
  • Medicines
  • Non-perishable food
  • Instant soups etc

On a more proactive stance Jez also asks for:
  • Any Army surplus uniforms (ideally British MTP pattern)
  • Ballistic armour
  • Medical supplies

Information for newly arrived citizens of Ukraine: https://www.stojimezaukrajinou.cz/ua

We are looking for:
1) night vision devices (measuring range from 150 m) - night vision devices (range 150m) - night vision appliances (range from 150 m). )

2) thermovision (measuring range from 500 m) - thermal imaging - thermal imagers

3) powerbanky - power banks

7) Traumasety / mobile first aid kits with complete set - first aid kits with kit

😎 Hemostath type (CELOX 15 gr) - Hemostath type - Blood spinal type (Celox 15 g)

9) Turnikety (CAT 7 grade) - Tourniquets (CAT 7 generation) - Džguti (CAT 7 Generation) and other drugs and medical supplies for the treatment of gunshot wounds,

10) men's thermal underwear size 48 - 54, thermo socks

You can support the purchase of military material through the collection:
S/O s. 304452700/0300

❓How can we help?
The Representative Office of Ukraine in the Czech Republic has a bank account (304452700/0300), to which the financial amount can be sent for the subsequent purchase of defense material. So, donors will send a financial donation directly to the Ukrainian representative office in the Czech Republic.
Accounts in euros and dollars
Embassy of Ukraine in the Czech Republic
Charles de Gaulla 29, 160 00 Prague 6 Czech Republic
EUR
IBAN CZ86 0300 0000 0003 0449 8127
BIC/SWIFT CHECK COCKCZPP
USD
IBAN CZ80 0300 0000 0003 0449 9496
BIC/SWIFT CHECK COCKCZPP
For the collected funds, the Council Office of Ukraine will select defense material in cooperation with defense experts and representatives of the Defense Section of the Chamber of Commerce of the Czech Republic and the Association of Defense and Security Industry of the Czech Republic.
In coordination with state authorities, HK Czech Republic, AOBP and the Ukrainian Embassy, statutory administration and subsequent logistics of delivery will be provided.

Via https://www.facebook.com/UkraineEmbassyinCzechia/