Recognised market leader in lr recon engines?

selectcase

Sorry but i was told how friendly and helpful they are - this is NOT the experience i have just had.

I had problems on a 200 tdi head and was going to ask them to do a recon head for me - I telephoned up and started to politley explian that the inlet valves suppled to me by my local engineering firm appeared too small a diameter, and could they do a complete recon for me but i only got as far as talking about the valves when the guy just said and i quote

"can i stop you there, I am on my dinner hour and you need to speak to the people who supplied you the parts" end of conversation

Sorry but this is appauling service - yes i could speak to the supplier of the valves but i wanted to speak to the so-called experts in the field and arrange for them to do the work for me - if its his dinner hour then dont answer the phone and there is no need to stop me in mid sentence and basically infer that i go away and am waisting his time.

I will be using L.E.G.S in future - much more polite and better service - I will NEVER use or recommend this companyand have not exagerated in the slightest

Interesting - I have dealt with them a couple of times by email and not had any problems but it doesn't sound good.

I suspect they probably get a lot of people ringing them for "free advice" and maybe he jumped to the conclusion that this is what you wanted?

One of the proprietors of the company who you have not named posts on here from time to time so may see this.

Why so coy, if a company has been rude then share the name. Granted most people who've used them seem to love them but if there's been a problem surely you'll be helping potential customers decide by sharing this info, not to mention creating a bit of indirect feedback for the co in question? I thought one of the points of this forum was its independence so we can say what we think about companies without fear of (excessive) moderation.

I can think of a couple of companies who would/could claim to be the market leaders - Turners, ACR, LEGS...?

Why so coy, if a company has been rude then share the name

Because it could come down to something as simple as "prove it or I'll take you to court" - saying a company/person is rubbish doesn't necessarily mean that they are, rather that the poster is not happy with them.

We have a disclaimer, but if anyone makes an accusation or throws an insult - then this website is stuck in the middle. If you want to post copies of court ducuments, then fine, but there could be more than just a 'bad service' in this type of post, so we have to bear this in mind. I'm afraid I've been down this same road before.

Pm's are fine, just ask and the information will be supplied.

I mean, you could say:-

White 90 knows nothing about denting his truck,

Tonk can speak English,

BishBosh knows what it's like to drive through a puddle without being towed out of it by an oil-burner after 30-inches, :rolleyes:

WillWarne - erm :blink:

Nige doesn't have to worry about tyre pressures due to the weight of his truck,

Paul Wightman doeasn't have to re-charge the batteries on his truck as well as his pacemaker every time there's a chance of busting somehting :D

Landymanluke doesn't trawl the whole of the internet looking to reply to anything at all :lol:

CatflapII will move from my drive this year

I have a whole rack of coats - which one should I wear today? :P

Les. :)

well i've found the explanation- selectcase lives in bilgewater, and us somerset lot know what that means!!!

it means he'll only have to leav it a few days before the vehicle's half inched anyway

(ok for those of you that live in brigey, i know it's a lovely place, and it's getting better than a saturday night in Taunton, etc etc, but i'm still going to wind you up about it's reputation- although thinking about it i know of at least 4 forumeers in Bilgewater now so maybe i;d better shut up)

well i've found the explanation- selectcase lives in bilgewater, and us somerset lot know what that means!!!

it means he'll only have to leav it a few days before the vehicle's half inched anyway

(ok for those of you that live in brigey, i know it's a lovely place, and it's getting better than a saturday night in Taunton, etc etc, but i'm still going to wind you up about it's reputation- although thinking about it i know of at least 4 forumeers in Bilgewater now so maybe i;d better shut up)

Now thats just underhand :lol: You just seen the worst bits - I live just outside and its allright, why do you think i do all my shopping on the internet.

Because it could come down to something as simple as "prove it or I'll take you to court" - saying a company/person is rubbish doesn't necessarily mean that they are, rather that the poster is not happy with them.

Les - obviously there's unfair comments, but posting "XYZ Engines were rude to me on the phone" is not likely to result in a high-court tussle. Mods are there to remove stuff that is too risky, but fair comment / stuff that's clearly personal opinion is surely OK?

I had a carp experience of them, my 2.25 pet started screwing around just as i was lookign for a 200tdi for conversion. needed the beast back on the road. phoned them up to find out how much to get the block/ crank honed.

i was told they dont do little jobs like that but could sell me a new engine for about 1.5k, followed by you dotn want to buy a second hand tdi they are all carp/ nackered you will waste your money, i can sell you one for £....

so instead i went to a local place in surbiton that gave loads of advise with no pressure or carp, examining individual parts to and telling you what to look for.

i had a rebore, new pistons/rings, shells, honed crank for a couple of hundred quid

i now have a 2nd hand 200tdi in the garage thats pure fantastical love condition ( its been rebuilt) so im happy

it means he'll only have to leav it a few days before the vehicle's half inched anyway.

Its a lovely place I'll have you know! It's a heck of a lot better than I remeber 10 years ago anyway. So selectcase, what do you do around here then. I work for the Environment Agency in B'water.

I teach for my sins so i get to see allsorts - in fairness to the place a small minority give everyone a bad rep also the decline in manufacturing has not helped with wellworthy and cellophane closing but at least its not so smelly.

Its quite interesting - I get about on 5 or 6 different forums and have recieved quite a number of pm,s about the said company!! I am obviousley not alone on this one.

I teach for my sins so i get to see allsorts - in fairness to the place a small minority give everyone a bad rep also the decline in manufacturing has not helped with wellworthy and cellophane closing but at least its not so smelly.

Its quite interesting - I get about on 5 or 6 different forums and have recieved quite a number of pm,s about the said company!! I am obviousley not alone on this one.

If British Cellophane was still open, I wouldn't be living where i do... :rolleyes:

I likes tool-station though. Can't rember that being here before. :D

I had a carp experience of them, my 2.25 pet started screwing around just as i was lookign for a 200tdi for conversion. needed the beast back on the road. phoned them up to find out how much to get the block/ crank honed.

i was told they dont do little jobs like that but could sell me a new engine for about 1.5k, followed by you dotn want to buy a second hand tdi they are all carp/ nackered you will waste your money, i can sell you one for £....

so instead i went to a local place in surbiton that gave loads of advise with no pressure or carp, examining individual parts to and telling you what to look for.

i had a rebore, new pistons/rings, shells, honed crank for a couple of hundred quid

i now have a 2nd hand 200tdi in the garage thats pure fantastical love condition ( its been rebuilt) so im happy

I suppose part of the reason they don't want to do little jobs could be entirely due to their reputation though - I can see that they COULD (nothing meant against you or indeed anybody else on here) end up in a situation where they had done part of "a job" and then the engine later went bang through no fault of anything they did and then it would/could/might have resulted in "ooooooh that engine was done by T*****s" publicity

A bit like the reason Dave Ashcroft doesn't sell diff pegging kits.

As I said, nothing meant against any individual

I suppose part of the reason they don't want to do little jobs could be entirely due to their reputation though - I can see that they COULD (nothing meant against you or indeed anybody else on here) end up in a situation where they had done part of "a job" and then the engine later went bang through no fault of anything they did and then it would/could/might have resulted in "ooooooh that engine was done by T*****s" publicity

A bit like the reason Dave Ashcroft doesn't sell diff pegging kits.

As I said, nothing meant against any individual

True but they can still do that with out being KING NOBBERS in the process. i wouldn’t have minded if it was a simple case of sorry sir we don’t do that.

It was the attitude that if you didn’t go through them you would be screwed and didn’t have enough brains to buy a good'un etc. they didn’t even try to offer any form of help or direction to some one that could.

It was just pure arrogance

If they gave bad service

that is a fact, if you want to say who it was thats perfectly within reason.

to say something that is untrue would be malicious or liable if you were to print it.

I'd rather know who these companies are so I can avoid them if I choose to.

Also if they frequent here they might see what people think and respond.

PS BB you have the best store around Mole Valley Farmers just up the road too

This irriates me..... :angry:

He has not given BAD service or sold you bad parts.....

However cos YOUR bored, you slag them off...?

WHY, cos he's having lunch and someone disturbs him? to ask if he can do a job he doesn't want?

Perhaps he could have been more polite, but next time you tear someone off a strip, just wonder whether or not ten minutes later they are going to go on a forum and slag YOU off.

Idiot......Totally pointless thread....Full stop.

Jim :)

Ps: Some funny posts on here though :lol: