New Defender colour scheme - brilliant or terrible?

FridgeFreezer

I think it’s that the waist line and above looks to be from a different scale of car - like if it was a model the top would 1/35 and the bottom 1/16.

The bottom half also looks so shortened to me, and with oversized wheels, like those caricatured pictures people used to get of their cars.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 7:06 AM, Anderzander said:

The proportions on these look so strange to me.

It's a modern car thing - high "belt lines" equals better crash safety scores, same as fatter pillars all round - compare a modern car's windscreen pillar with that of a Defender or RRC and they are huge things that create a massive blind-spot, but it's safer in a crash / stiffer for handling etc.

Also why you see so much stuff now with almost no rear window / visibility and solve the problem with a backup camera because the rear-view mirror is almost useless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Also why you see so much stuff now with almost no rear window / visibility and solve the problem with a backup camera because the rear-view mirror is almost useless.

Certainly, on my Grenadier, reversing without a back-up camera would be an exercise in blind faith. In a traffic jam, anything much smaller than a modern Mini queued neatly behind me is invisible, both too low and too narrow. 

• Like 1