Photo's from Donnington

Lewis

Just thought I'd post up a couple of snaps from the Indoor 4x4 show at Donnington at the weekend.

I only took photo's of vehicle's I found interesting for whatever reason

Nice 200series Disco on G axles, shame about the orange though

SD530448.jpg

SD530451.jpg

Axle setup

SD530446.jpg

SD530444.jpg

SD530445.jpg

Couple of 90's in the best 4x4 comp, the further one is on reversed Disco rims

SD530432.jpg

The definition of Cheque Book Offroader

SD530449.jpg

SD530450.jpg

Bent cage stays? No thanks, and sadly I didnt get a photo of the backstay fixings - they are held to the rear crossmember with one M10 bolt :o

Mog'd Jeep with ickle tyres

SD530453.jpg

I had a good day, and picked up a set of trailing arms and some wheel spacers, did anyone else go? (Chris Si and David I saw)

Lewis :)

How could you miss my fully tricked up Disco !!!

Was parked right behind the white 90...

It is red, has Mud tyres.... and even a snorkel :D

May I say that the owner of the white 90 spent 10min polishing the exhaust.... I checked it after... it was really spotless :rolleyes:

I was there, had a chat with Chris on the X-eng stand, and managed a quick 'hi' to Si, who was pretty busy! Also had a good chat with David (Llama 4x4)

Had a chat with the KORC stand, picked up a new CB to go in the new dash and had a good day out. having finished work at 4am that morning i was ready to go home by the end of the day.

I was there for an hour or so, only spoke to Rakeway, I thought the standard of finish on the 3M racer on there stand was superb, BMW M3 power.

I walked past Lama and X- eng stand a couple of times very busy, I dare not look at X-Eng's stand incase I saw a set of his new Radius arms, I was determined to to keep my wallet in my pocket. :lol:

One thing I did notice, QT arms, front and back, are everywhere!! Seem to have been universally accepted as the things to have :rolleyes:

It was good to see North Offroad's Freelander in the flesh very impressive.

I like seeing the offroad racers as a change to the usual Land Rover shows.

Andy

Did anyone else notice the large number of people wandering round in Scorpion Racing jackets? I assumed they had a stand and had allowed members of staff to walk around a bit, but no orange stand anywhere :huh: the idea of buying wearing clothing that advertises Scorpion Racing is bemusing to me in the least :blink:

I was thoroughly impressed by both the new Kap car and the Milner R4's, and my mate Andrew was so impressed by the Redpath Tyres Ibex in the car park he wanted to buy it :rolleyes:

Cant comment on the popularity of the Kenson/Britpart/QT arms as I walked away with a pair for the yellow car

Shame I missed you Andy, could have given you some more radius arms :)

SD530446.jpg

Orange springs, eurgh :ph34r:

The definition of Cheque Book Offroader

SD530449.jpg

Hmm that one looks like it crashed into the same North London showroom as that green 04 reg 90 that has appeared in a lot of mags in the last year or so. Must be a bad roundabout nearby or something :rolleyes: he seems to have collected almost exactly the same bits on the way through :D

I went alongfor a few hours and had a good look round. Met PeterGG (as I was picking some bits up from him) had a very brief chat with GBMUD (the x-eng stall was manic with customers when I got there) and spoke to a couple of guys from the AWDC challenge series. I managed to pick up a few bits too. There were some really nice motors both inside and outside the hall. I kept being drawn to the protection and performance stand for some reason though.....mmmmmmm hotpants :lol:

I went late morning by which time it was stacked out and viewing with two young children was difficult, as was carrying two lengths of 3" stainless pipe back to the van :huh:

Loved the battered Disco opposite the entrance.

To my thinking the tubular Landy chassis on show were not strong enough in the steering box area, I'm sure they know more than I do about stress and strain but time will tell.

I have a reservation with Rakeway in a Scorpian sense, their centre diff bearing and transfer box is amazingly similar to Milners for whom they used to do sub contract work. The wishbones and uprights on the racer look identical to Guy Smiths, for whom they also sub contracted, but they may have an arrangement with him. Either way, looks rather more ripped off than cutting edge wrapped up in a bling CNC finish. I hasten to add this is my personal opinion which may well be wrong, but it's my money and I'll spend it where I feel ethically comfortable.

Loved the battered Disco opposite the entrance

that was rob prichards , that he took to ladoga last year , cant belive its acctally still road worthy :o

i drove down from north wales in my 90 on simex tyres , was vertally deaf when i arrived , spent a few hours wandering around (by my self :unsure: ) took a wander in to the ''modified vehicle compound'' and wasnt that impressed im affraid , no offence to those that took the time to display there vehicles

managed to pick up a few bits and bobs , needed a bulb holder for my NAS lights , found a guy selling Nas lights asked about bulb holderes said they did not come seperatly , said i would buy a full unit , he got one out , ripped open the pack , removed the bulb holder and gave it me FOC :D what a top bloke

And managed to get all the stickers on already for the 2007 AWDC/Sc.....n series including the number board (less number) ;)

Competed against him at Santa's......i think he got 5/6 punch's over the two day's! he spent most of the time worry'in about getting dirt in side the cab! :lol: but he like's it and it's his money.

Don't think i'll see him in this year's awdc series....well not the top event anyway! :lol: but i could be wrong!

Mr Rakeway charges a massive premium for the bling CNC finish too. I spoke to Andy at Milners about a reverse rotation transfer box and it was £895 plus vat, with the choice of straight cut or helical gears in 1:1.. wow, helical, whats going on? Went and spoke to mr Rakeway and he quoted £1400 + vat for his blingy thing...

He's the only person I know who makes billet flywheels for BMW 3litre diesel engines to take a 7.25 clutch... unless anyone knows different?

Anyway... the show was good. Saw lots of stuff to give me inspiration. Also saw the north off road freeda, and the body was very nice... The Tornado space frame was lovelly too.

Nick... the smelly one

He's the only person I know who makes billet flywheels for BMW 3litre diesel engines to take a 7.25 clutch... unless anyone knows different?

Nick... the smelly one

Possibly, probably at Mr Fearns behest. Why would you need a billet one? I have recently aquired a milling machine and rotary table, flywheel work would seem to be fairly simple on it, even to a non engineer.

More importantly, why do you want a diesel, is it for shopping? :ph34r:

that was rob prichards , that he took to ladoga last year , cant belive its acctally still road worthy :o

i drove down from north wales in my 90 on simex tyres , was vertally deaf when i arrived , spent a few hours wandering around (by my self :unsure: ) took a wander in to the ''modified vehicle compound'' and wasnt that impressed im affraid , no offence to those that took the time to display there vehicles

managed to pick up a few bits and bobs , needed a bulb holder for my NAS lights , found a guy selling Nas lights asked about bulb holderes said they did not come seperatly , said i would buy a full unit , he got one out , ripped open the pack , removed the bulb holder and gave it me FOC :D what a top bloke

All the parts are separate for Nas lights

XBP 100180 IND / REV BULB HOLDER

XBP 100190 TAIL/STOP BULB HOLDER

All the other part no.s I can send if interested

:)

that was robb prichards , that he took to ladoga last year , cant belive its acctally still road worthy

I thought he'd killed that thing! Wonder if he ever got a gear knob...

I didn't go to the show as I was at work, but I had a great time spotting LR's driving down the M6. I :wub: my job.

Dearest Mr Hiatt, The diesel-meister Mr Fearn is in cahoots with Mr Rake-a-way. The fearny flywheel is a Rakeway flywheel. As for why use a billet flywheel, well, the engine comes with a dual-mass thing that doesnt take a 7.25 triple plate clutch and delaminates at the slightest thought that Mr Fearn might be playing with it's brains.

Yes, i'll be going shopping in my diesel... to Tesco, to buy my fuel in bulk at £0.39 / litre knowing that i'm gonna be carbon neutral and saving the earth, along with my super slick none land damaging Matador Izzardas tyres and quiet transfer box, that doesnt scare the sheep or locals...