Question

Les Brock

Away as I am and using mobile phone and laptop for connection

and having loads of time to think what to do ?

Since the Hybrid went through its SVA I've used it once and that was a run to Tesco's :blink: , I tend to Biatch for Nick (Tangoman) and I'm thinking even I'm feeling to old for that as well :lol:

It took so long to get it sorted and through that I lost all interest in it as many on here know, so I got used to not having it, so I'm still not using it now its done still plodding on with it though, but it a chore having to build it all back up again

Plus I'm starting to want something comfortable to drive as well

So my options are...

1, Sell it ?.....how much would it be worth :unsure:

2, Get the Winches/cage fitted and use it ?

3, Get rid of the Simex's (done about 100 miles on them set of 5 ;) ...) put muds on, forget the cage, fit sound proofing and turn it into a fairly normal looking hack ?

4, Buy another Disco for Myself, strip the toys of the Hybrid and scrap the rest :huh:

5, Just leave it alone for a while until I get the steam up to get it cracked ?

It don't help that Adrian Flux are the biggest bunch of to@@ers I've ever come accross in my life, I'm on my 4th set of modified forms as they seem to lose every set that I send, but I get everthing they send to me <_<

I'm having a mid life crisis I think :D I just don't know what to do ?

:ph34r:

Well of the start the barby :rolleyes:

Do you need the capital in it? either complete or bits of. If not then keep it, there is no need to sell, plus you will only ever hanker after something as soon as you get rid of it.

Stick some MTs on it, fit comfy seats and wear ear defenders and use it. Find an excuse use it for everything.

then slowly add bits back to it as you need them (winches etc)

Enter some comps or go greenlaning and once you get into it again you will be upset you even had thoughts of getting shot of it.

PS if you go for option 1 i'll give you £500 for it...........

Guest WALFY

Les

I get like that sometimes. As James says Just get out there and use it. You will soon decide which direction you want to go with it. Add bits you need and flog the bits that you don't. You know that as soon as you sell you will get the urge again. If you don't need to sell then sit on it for a month or so and then rethink. If you start driving it on a regular basis you'll know what to do.

Option 1 I'll go the whole hog and offer 501 quid

I feel much the same way today Les. For all the off-roading I do I may as well have a nice comfy and reliable Disco to pull the trailers and get shot of the Defender - but then I think about it and remember just how much I like the Defender. I also find the Defender very comfy although it could do with being a little quieter! Perhaps if you fitted a hard top rather than that claustrophobic truck cab? I find TCs very uncomfortable.

Chris

Les, next weekend get in the Disco and go to an event - Play day, challenge, whatever - and just watch for half an hour. I guarantee it will remind you how much you love off roading and Land Rovers and will give you the motivation to get the truck as you want it. It works for me every time I feel down about the truck and how much there is still to do.

I vote for option 2 or 3.

I think everyone goes through these phases (Graham & Nigel amongst my friends at the moment). I have also in the past, but thankfully decided to keep my truck while I put together another one. I am having an attack of apathy over fitting a new steering box at the moment though.

At least with option 3 you always have the option to go back for little expense if you change your mind.

Si

if you're really having a mid life crisis, everyone knows that the best solution for it is to sell all the vehicles you have (and possibly something else) and get yourself a brand new sports convertible, like a red porsche (if you have enough vehicles, go crazy and get a yellow ferrari) and then go for a drive and pick up hot young girls :ph34r:

if that's not possible, for any reason, i'd go for a "modified 2+5": don't leave it alone and use it for a while, until you get the steam up to get the winches/cage fitted, and use it a lot more!

Les,

I went through I similar spat late last year. I got shot of the truck for a family runaround and sensible 4x4. I regretted it about a week after the truck had gone. I ended up with a whole lot more hassle and cost (both time and financially) purchasing and building up something else. I say keep it, even if you have to put it on the back burner for a while to regain your enthusiasm.

Les- - you tart - -

You can't drive for toffee anyway mate. .so you might as well give it to me... I'll look after it until you wish to have it back...

besides - - you need to get seriously fit for AWDC round 3... as its one of the most hilly places in the event I reckon. ENJOY.

or you could get Tango to biatch for you... :lol: now that I would pay to see... I'll bring the medics. and the airambulance.

Well, cheers for all the replies, well except Pigster :lol:

After a few more days thinking.........

I've been been and bought SWMBO a new small car for work/shopping, I've now got the Disco and The Hybrid....so best of both worlds :ph34r:

Might still flog the Simex's though, 5 x 35/10.5.16's less than 200 miles, 1 never used, bobbles still on the rest..........how much £'s.....?

Guest WALFY

Les

With the supply/demand problem with simex at the moment, it's a sellers market. You could if you felt that way inclined sell them for 80-90% of retail. People will buy them if they are desperate enough. Of course on this forum where we are all friendly the usual 2nd hand price of about 50-60% will do