Forum green lane weekend anyone?

GBMUD

If you need any help with routes, let me know I live very locally and have driven most in the last few months. Don't just restrict yourselves to the Lakes as there are loads of other lanes outside the park the best of which is Breasthigh road, just off the Shap/ Kendal road and easily linked with the lane from Sleddale to Kentmere. That one is interesting as a recent trip saw Disco's with muds unable to climb a rock step wher all terrains had no problem.

If you journey a bit further there are lots of lanes going up to the Pennines Hartside being the best off the Penrith to Alston road.

The main problem you will have especially in the Langdale/ Grizedale bit is the Bobblies who just do not see why they should share their Lake District with motorised users.

Guys cant wait for this trip!!!! :rolleyes:

Not on personal email at the moment, so if you need a response on anything text me or email istokes3@jaguar.com please dont put this address on the general mailing list though, as im only on a weeks notice and the job is great!!!!

Cant leave until 1300hrs from Coventry, so i guess i will be arriving late to the campsite and miss the friday fun... :( Garstang ford looks tops, all the bits i did previously were done on Trac Edges do i really need to borrow Dan's MT's!?! I mean i haven't even asked him yet!!!!

cheers,

e

Guys cant wait for this trip!!!! :rolleyes:

Not on personal email at the moment, so if you need a response on anything text me or email istokes3@jaguar.com please dont put this address on the general mailing list though, as im only on a weeks notice and the job is great!!!!

Cant leave until 1300hrs from Coventry, so i guess i will be arriving late to the campsite and miss the friday fun... :( Garstang ford looks tops, all the bits i did previously were done on Trac Edges do i really need to borrow Dan's MT's!?! I mean i haven't even asked him yet!!!!

cheers,

e

A few problems i can see with that Sticky,

1, Only be James missing you in the campsite !!

2 Looks like James will have to ride shotgun, a tad further up the M6 :lol:

3 Sticky actually doing some work !! :P

Glad you have finally got your finger out Neil. :)

Reference the weekend in the lakes, I hope that nobody thinks that I am in charge or taking any responsibility other than suggesting it as an idea. It has happened before that, come the day, everyone has looked to me to choose them a route and organise who they are going with - no that I minded but I had not prepared for that... This is not happening this time as I find it rather stressful and difficult. With that said, of course I am happy to offer any help and advice to anyone who wants it (and some who would prefer I did not!), share details of routes etc. as far as I have any knowledge. Keep in mind that I have never been greenlaning in the Lakes before - last time I went there I met the woman who would become my wife so I have given it a wide berth since then! :)

So what do I have? Well, I have a few MM overlays showing green lanes in and outside of the LDNP. If anyone would like a copy then please send me your email address and I will try to remember to send it...

Further to the overlays, there is plenty of information on lanes to be found on the LDNP's website here, detailing which lanes are BOATs, UCRs and where there are TROs and when.

Maps. It would be well worthwhile having some paper maps of the Lakes. The national park seems to cover a lot of maps. The OS Outdoor leisure series 4,5,6 and 7 (1:25,000) or the OS Landranger 89, 90, 96 and 97 - these give the whole of the LDNP and some area around too. I have not got any yet but I will go out later and buy some 1:50,000 ones to compliment Memory Map. Be aware, I do not have spares to lend! If anyone wants to copy the marking up from my maps on the Friday evening, then they are most welcome.

Thanks

Chris

And another thing, at the risk of nannying: Remember where you are going and that it is November. The weather can change quickly and it is possible that you could end up stranded on a mountain overnight or even longer by snow, breakdown etc.. Take plenty of water, food and, above all, clothes and blankets - just in case. Common sense stuff.

Chris

Good point re. the Maps Chris.. I'll get some ordered online now in case we have a PC crash instead of car failure this time! :)

Time to make a list for being stranded...

Portable Satellite and TV, Billy Kettle, Water, Coffee, Wolly hat.... Errrrrrr........ Kindling for Billy, 1,000 litres of petrol to cover 30 mins on tick-over....

Well , as i see it, reading through

Current head count :)

GBMud and SimonR YH Booked

Mark and Les YH Booked or maybe B & B

TJ101 and Victor YH Booked

Mo and Mark B & B

Stuart B & B

JST and Sticky Camping :o

Raceface120 and Mrs Raceface120 YH Booked

Ivan and Mrs Ivan YH Booked

Geoff and Erica B & B

SteveG and RocKeR YH Booked

Pugwash and Kat B & B

Rob90 Local

V8 Freak and Ruperb YH Booked

Mo and Mark B & B

Stuart B & B

Geoff and Erica B & B

Pugwash and Kat B & B

Rob90 Local

Got to pull out of this one. I will see who's anyone at Seven Sisters this weekend though.

Cheers

Steve

What - Steve you cant make it, thats not good, shall we rebook? still time to cancel and if i loose my £12 camping fee no worries.

Anyway, anyone who is anyone will be AWDC event this weekend!!! Hope 7s goes well though.

Anyone here is White90 was coming along?

Mo and Mark B & B

Stuart B & B

Geoff and Erica B & B

Pugwash and Kat B & B

Rob90 Local

Mark, Stu and I are at the YH Tim as we are not splitters ;) like some of the others :P

Steve, sorry to see you can't make it.

Mo

Mo and Mark B & B

Stuart B & B

Geoff and Erica B & B

Pugwash and Kat B & B

Rob90 Local

Les and I are booked at Ambleside YH

OK, does this look better :ph34r:

Current head count

Mark and Les YH Booked

Mo and Mark YH Booked

Stuart YH Booked

Geoff and Erica B & B

SteveG :( and RocKeR YH Booked

Pugwash and Kat B & B

Rob90 Local

Les , Better had be 5 *****, Chris is sorting it :P

Looking forward to next weekend, Sourced a 90 to use, rather than clogging up the lanes with a 110 :ph34r: