Sodbury - what did you get?

FridgeFreezer

I got:

Fairey PTO winch - £50 (thanks to Mr Warne for finding that, I take back almost everything I've said about his driving :P )

Range Rover air suspension compressors x4 - £20

" " " " valve block - £10

Another remote shift unit from an LT77 I think - £1.50

An electric water pump - £40

A defender binnacle and dials for Astro Al - £5

Defender V8 air filter (the f'in big one) - £5

A big sheet of 6mm plate from Dollythelw - £10

A flapjack from Fi - free! and yummy. :D

So come on people, whaddayaget?

Not a lot, just the normal stuff lets see<_<

Winch sail ARB and biscuit, thanks Fi,

10 set's break pads, £40

Tool's for work, tapes, hammer's, glove etc £50

power steering pump £2

120 amp alternator new £15

4 new shackles £20

3 good prop's for the rear of hibrid, 1 new for £5

Split charge systerm thanks Simon r, forgot to get a disc hand brake from

you will call you in the week,

And a bucket of lenses for Lesmond, just dont let Pigster drive

and they will last for year's :lol:

Can't remember what else, and we had sunshine B)

so not a bad day, :rolleyes:

First I bought a pair of the little blanking grommet thingys that fit the front of a Defender chassis for a quid.

Next up was a pair of ***k off 3 way speakers that after haggling I got for £8.:lol:

I bought some "R" clips for the adjustable tow bar for £1.

Finally I got a chequer plate rear wiper motor cover from QT for £15 (which seeing that the replacement plastic part cost an outrageous £20 is damn good). Pretty pleased as the standard item is cr@p and got totally bu%%ered after an unfortunate encounter with a reel of wire cable that was not properly secured. ;)

After leaving the Sortout I drove a couple of lanes nearby, first one was a disaster as it ended up as a bridleway with a motorbike sized BOAT off to the side, after a 15 point turn, I retraced the route and found a slightly overgrown lane that went for a couple of miles or so. I then headed toward Newbury and was puzzled as every car coming the other way was flashing me. Was I on fire, leaking fuel, water or was there a dead animal hanging off the bumper??? I stopped the oncoming car and the driver told me that there was an accident up ahead and the road was closed.

Fi, where were you?? I looked out for you honest!!

Knackered and sore feet :lol: yomped about from 11.00 start till we left at 4.30

Bought a load of stuff, barely got it in the Merc !

On the back seat I manged (after a bit a jiggling) a pair of 90 hardtop side panels, Split charger system and new ali numberplate, in the boot a Galv inner wing 90, other bits pair of boots,, virtually new V8 Dizzy, and other assorted stuff.

Jon White bought halfshaft, cover, plate, and other bits, car was "well Full" for the journey home, which was less eventful than the journey up, wasn't it Jon(ny Fa&ty Pants).

Yeah gods I know not what he ate, but I do know that just outside newbury he wriggled looked over embarassed like and said "Ooops Sorry", it was so bad that even after I opened the window I retched, and was nearly sick.

We pulled into a petrol station to get him a bottle of coke, and I opened the car, he got it, got in sniffed, and said "Oooer, still hovering isn't it ?"

It was

If anyone waiting around 11.00 outside the gates smell anything dreadful, twas him "Moving 'within' and 'around'".....

Nige

wasn't it Jon(ny Fa&ty Pants).

Yeah gods I know not what he ate, but I do know that just outside newbury he wriggled looked over embarassed like and said "Ooops Sorry", it was so bad that even after I opened the window I retched, and was nearly sick.

We pulled into a petrol station to get him a bottle of coke, and I opened the car, he got it, got in sniffed, and said "Oooer, still hovering isn't it ?"

It was

just spat m' coffee over the screen :D:D:D

Sound Like you all had a good day, that's the main thing

g B)

On the back seat I manged (after a bit a jiggling) a pair of 90 hardtop side panels, Split charger system and new ali numberplate, in the boot a Galv inner wing 90, other bits pair of boots,, virtually new V8 Dizzy, and other assorted stuff.

what a fortunate coincidence that was finding a mtaching number plate! :lol:

Had a good day. Our trailer went home a lot lighter, especially after we dropped the SII off with it's new owner on the way home. I only had a few bits to sell, which I sold, so that was nice, but it wasn't enough to pay for....

Spare pair of rear shafts for the 90 - £10

Pair of front arches to cut up and experiment with - £2

Set of HD spring retention plates - £12

Some plastic caps to cover the shocks on the inner wings - £3

Nevermind the bling stuff I bought too..

Chequer plate waffle holders off Rod

Some 'Plasma' rope off Nick

A pair of very bling shiney tub side protector things from Simon at X-Eng

Nice to catch up with a few old faces too...............not many young ones though :P

Anyone else notice the bird with the long legs and short denim skirt? Mind you not as good looking as the blonde chick at the sellers entrance just where you come off the road :wub:

I managed to find an exhaust manifold in good nick for my 86 inch Series One....result! Rare as hens teeth are good ones. Got a few shackles, a bridle and ye gods, some stickers!!

Talked to Dave (Southdown) about a detachable towbar/tank guard for my TD5 90 but he says I am not allowed to fit such a thing. It apears that for TD5s (anything S reg or after) the towbar has to have "type approval" to be fitted. Ah well...just have to carry on ploughing!

Didnt buy a lot, and apart from a few "brave souls" you all managed to avoid me!

Who was it that i said i would have the winch blanket off of?

can you pm me and i will arrange to pay you for it if you still have it!

Mandy.

Hi Mandy,, it was robhybrid,, i could not find him either,, saying that, i never found Mark90 either,, he must have been hiding when i was walking about !!!

Hi I am taking 4 winch sails down with me but come and see me and I shall give you gwyn's business card to mail order or arrange to meet up when I am at another challenge event.

Bos says I got to get rid of more junk in april too.

I shall be in a Blue K reg Discovery towing(selling) a sankey Trailer.

Might have a green gazebo up aswell according to the boss

so i did not get a chance to pick any up,, can you PM me also, re supply,,, Regards Tim

I got

Almost new disco tdi rad £40............ just what I wanted!

10 light lenses all new then saw them £ 1 cheeper......... grrrrrrrr always happens to me

Track rods with shock and one good end £ 5

Pair of halogen headlights + bowls £ 5

Various seals and filters

+ a few other bits and pices

There from 11 till 4.30 ish knacked after

Pto winch sounds a bargin I would of brought it for that !.............. and stop scraching my head on how to fit my fairey 5000

Good day out

Cheers

Steve

Steve - wanna swap it for the fairey 5000? Then I'll have a matching pair :D

FWIW the Superwinch one is almost identical, I think they just carried on making them when they bought Fairey, only differences I can see is details like the fins on the end, red handle, and the name on the side!