my beautiful engine

trainspotter

Thats not a land rover engine its far too clean?:P Whats the secret then? Not going off road? Or some kind of magic cleaner, i've jet washed mine before and it didnt really clean up very well, so i don't bother anymore.

looks like an accident in a toffee factory! :lol: but did the kenlowe thermostat survive?

Nope - the kenlowe stat probably wasn't working beforehand either TBH, they're bleedin' awful!

After putting a new fanbelt on (shredded by flints in the mud) I drove home like that :D

Engine_Bay_sm.jpg

Apologies for the slightly Blingy clutch master cyl. Just about finished moding the intake to suit the snorkel, God I will be glad when I can get MS on it and rid of that air flow meter.

The multimeter & soldering iron in the foreground should tell you something :rolleyes:

If I followed O2GF's lead you wouldn't be able to see the engine for postit notes.

Minivin, is that the front end of an Ariel Arrow in the the foreground by any chance?

Minivin, is that the front end of an Ariel Arrow in the the foreground by any chance?

Yup, Dad's Golden Arrow that somewhen I got to finish wiring, as well as fit a Avon Airflow fairing on, luckily Lucas Mitchenall are one mile from me so I can still get the screens from the original manufacturer, unfortunately they flattened the old Avon fairing factory at Durrington quite a few years ago so the fairing is a lucky find :)

can you figure the crankcases behind the V8???? :):)

Yup, Dad's Golden Arrow that somewhen I got to finish wiring, as well as fit a Avon Airflow fairing on, luckily Lucas Mitchenall are one mile from me so I can still get the screens from the original manufacturer, unfortunately they flattened the old Avon fairing factory at Durrington quite a few years ago so the fairing is a lucky find :)

can you figure the crankcases behind the V8???? :):)

Good grief, my first bike was a Golden Arrow, I didn't realise that till I had burnt it out by driving around without the seat on and a fag in my mouth, burnie balls :blink: , sad waste now I look back, the folly of yoof!

I would be guessing at a Squarriel (had one of those too but lost it) but just guessing.