OT - Snow on the way

JST

Snow!!!! Which of Muds or ATs are better in snow?

ATs I find are better. The 110 on MTs tries to kill me in the snow but the Discovery on ATs is fine.

The P38a we had on Pirelli STs was brilliant in the snow, I chased a mate in his Scooby impreza across Exmoor in the snow and stayed with him! Scary but fun.

Will :)

ATs I find are better. The 110 on MTs tries to kill me in the snow but the Discovery on ATs is fine.

The P38a we had on Pirelli STs was brilliant in the snow, I chased a mate in his Scooby impreza across Exmoor in the snow and stayed with him! Scary but fun.

Ta, I'll leave the ATs on then........

Now, I hope there is enough for a snowman.......

From the Met office:

As cold air sets in across the country the Met Office is expecting a spell of snow on Thursday and at first on Friday. Two separate areas of snow are expected. The snow affecting eastern Scotland and Northumbria will be more persistent and heavy leading to 10-20 cm accumulations on high ground, and 5 cm or so on lower ground, though rain is more likely close to coasts. This is expected to cause disruption to travel networks especially across higher level routes. Lighter snow is expected further south, which will turn to rain later. Here, there is some uncertainty about how much snow there will be, though latest estimates suggest little, if any, lying snow in most parts, but with the risk of 3- 5 cm over parts of East Anglia and southeast England, as well as on high ground over 100 m elsewhere. Again, this could cause travel disruption, though with lower confidence.

Certainly feels imminent here on the north coast of Exmoor, 'kin freezin, our solar panel is reading 0degC + the wind made a stroll to the hardware shop a bit nippy just now :o

Hoping to get a bit of sledging later ;) the forecast said 5cm for us yesterday evening.