Not doing anything in May?

GBMUD

I, along with a few select others, am planning a little green-lane trip in May. Getting the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao in Spain and then heading to Portugal for a couple of weeks green-laneing and whatever else takes our fancy. I do not currently have a passenger for the trip and I would like to extend an invitation to anyone who can afford the time off from home/work/uni etc. Ideally someone who can read a map too. The ferry is paid for and I will have to pay for fuel anyway so I do not require any financial commitment over and above your own costs - though anything towards fuel would be nice... The plan is to wild camp 2-3 nights and then to have a night in an hotel - although that is a flexible arrangement depending on weather, circumstances etc.

Dates are set by the ferry booking which is from Portsmouth on the 1st May and from Bilbao on 20th May - a little over three weeks in total. You will need your own camping kit, a full Ipod, a GSOH and a thick skin! You will need to be comfortable travelling in a (fairly civilised) Defender.

Anyone fancy the trip of a lifetime the year the springtime? :P

Chris

Oh how I would love to do this. Do you think that I could get her to move that dang wedding by a few days? :lol:

TwoSheds

Thats odd this was exactly what I was going to say! Might be a good move if I get cold feet and need to go missing for a while :blink:

I would have liked to have joined your trip Chris............. but unfortunately (depends which way you look at it) I will already be on a greenlaning / trails trip to both Grenada and Tobago during that period...........

The last time I was 'off road' tripping in Northern Portugal I used La Coruna & El Ferrol in Spain as my base........ I wanted to take in the whole of that Northern corner of Spain and down into Northern Portugal .............IIRC there were some good tracks, however, some of the Portugesse tracks were very narrow with large drop offs..............it was very dry when I was there.......

:)

Ian

Spent a very pleasant couple of weeks in the Picos De Europa just down from the ferry, with some great off roading on some superb mountain tracks. We were based in Potes well worth a visit and there are now some guide books available for routes.

Chris this looks good but what if you get some dodgy people who want a lift over there with you, like Pikey Farmer (OF) on here for example he'd probably want the ride over and back just cause its free and that alone, there be some strange types on here!

Dan - the idea is you volunteer, not volunteer other people. anyway why would she want to sit in a baby seat? and you cant leave little ones in the house whilst your at work and shes away on the trip you know, i dont think this has been thought through.......

Chris this looks good but what if you get some dodgy people who want a lift over there with you, like Pikey Farmer (OF) on here for example he'd probably want the ride over and back just cause its free and that alone, there be some strange types on here!

Damn, i've been sussed. I thought I could get a free ride to the European goat and sheep fanciers convention in northern Portugal in May and then get a free ride back again. :ph34r: :ph34r: