Alternate 35inch tyres to Simex for On Road Use

Ian M

im after some tyres for road use and laning, as my simex's constant drone over the 200miles i did at the weekend, was just too much for road use!

does anyone had any recomendations, or any pictures showing the wider tyres fitted?

ive been looking at some kumho KL71 35 12.50 15 as they are reasonably priced, but does anyone know what rim width id have to run with these?

What about the bf goodrich 35/12.5r15 or the maxxis creepy crawler in the same size. Both down on road noise.

If you are sticking with a Mud terrain my money would be on the BFG MT's- very quiet on the road and a good for lots of miles... I would also consider saving some money by dropping down a size or two for road/ laning use- 265/17 16 or even 235/75 16- if you need bigger on a lane then perhaps it should not be driven??!!

could take a look at the new bfg mud km2. they seem to be getting good reviews at the moment. limited sizes though and 315/75r16 is the only 35" size available at the moment. of course them being new means not much idea of their longevity. you'd probably be one of the first in the country with them.

could take a look at the new bfg mud km2. they seem to be getting good reviews at the moment. limited sizes though and 315/75r16 is the only 35" size available at the moment. of course them being new means not much idea of their longevity. you'd probably be one of the first in the country with them.

You'll have to bring them in yourself and they are not e-marked so not legal on the road.

Sorry the link doesn't work :rolleyes: What tyres are they then?

They're ear plugs. If the only problem is noise then its probably a better bet than a second set of tyres.

If you do really want a second set its really down to personal preferance. I like BFG Muds although I'd go for 255x85x16's (a little smaller than 35" Simex).

Steve, FYI tyres don't need to be E marked - they just need to be DOT approved to the equivilent standard (I can't remember the number off the top of my head)

They're ear plugs. If the only problem is noise then its probably a better bet than a second set of tyres.

If you do really want a second set its really down to personal preferance. I like BFG Muds although I'd go for 255x85x16's (a little smaller than 35" Simex).

Steve, FYI tyres don't need to be E marked - they just need to be DOT approved to the equivilent standard (I can't remember the number off the top of my head)

:lol::lol::lol:

• 2 months later...

just to dig up an old thread but how are 35 x 12.50 like for off roadin been thinkin of gettin some for me 90

an been lookin at the maxxies creepys but dont no if they will fit under the arches off roading?? had 33" pro comps on before but they were very close at going into the arches

what mod need to be done?? got the usuals but just the bits that need cuttin off to make them fit in

also how are the maxxis getting on read an old thread but couldnt post on it coz it was very old

failing that will be lookin at the another set of 33" but bf's this time

thanks for any advise

dave

ive been thinking of Maxxis. 35's are fine on a lifted 90 with a bit of arch triming, just the 12.5 width im not sure on although i did have 12.5's on a Range Rover/Land Rover Hybrid a few years ago with no problems, may need to fit spacers but im not a fan of them as herd of to many wheels falling off, according to Silverline its best to fit on a 10 inch rim and with the offset you wont need spacers...

ive herd a few comments about the crawlers not being all that in mud as there really a rock tyre, trouble is i thing the only other Maxxis 35 is the mudzila and that comes up even wider at 13.5"

anyone run 12.5's without spacers on a 90, do you loose a lot of lock..

the rims that you get off silverline (10" ones) are set with a huge offset so there's no need for spacers there

altho i have some on for when i had my pro comps on because john craddocks only do the rims with a standard ish ofset so lost lock but hoping to get rid of them with the next set of wheels

also i would of had the mudzila's but the width is too much

an cheers RE: trimming was hoping it would just be that and not a nooooo chance of even fitting after seeing a pic of a 90 with the mudzila's on

dave

they do look fat in 13.5, if money was no object then i would go for SimexET2 in 36/12.5 but there close to £200 a corner. may save a bit more for them

silverline want about £650 for the 35/12.5's without rims so not that much different, think the bigger tyres are cheaper 37's etc..

You'll have to bring them in yourself and they are not e-marked so not legal on the road.

Actually they are US DOT marked and the certificate is equivalent to the EU mark so they comply with C&U regs and can be taken through SVA. Therefore they are road legal.

Actually they are US DOT marked and the certificate is equivalent to the EU mark so they comply with C&U regs and can be taken through SVA. Therefore they are road legal.

I have been looking into this and failed to find anything on the net that confirms it. I can find offical sites that say your tyre must be e marked but nothing that says dot marked tyres are to an acceptable standard.

In The Motor Vehicle Tyres (Safety) Regulations 1994 it states in Section 13 that equivalent standards are acceptable and in 13.2b it says "any international standard recognised for use as a standard by any EEA State" which would mean if any European State accepted Dot marking then it would be legal here as I read it.

I would like to get a set of KM2's but want to settle it in my own mind that I am not going to get prostituted.

Ben