Greenaway Anaconda Tyres

s2hotdog

Anybody tried these...............thinking of getting a set for my 90 I'm intending to do RTV's and playdays don't think I'm quite up to winch challenges

Not to bothered about the road handling as its not my daily drive

So anybody got any opinons

Cheers

Steve

Not sure they would be allowed in all RTV's. Best check with the club you intend to trial with.

What about the Macho's? They are a very good tyre off road and yet still handle suprisingly well on the road. I know you say it's not an issue but a bit less scary handling is always nice whne on your way to and from events in the rain.

The anacondas are also only speed rated to about 2mph :o so your insurance company may have something to say on the matter.

I'm with Mark - the machos are excellent off road and perfectly acceptable on road and are speed rated to 80+ mph.

I was pretty close! :P

The point I was making is that the speed rating is less than the vehicle is capable of so in theory if you had a knock your insurance company could wave you goodbye. At least with the machos you'd have to be breaking the law to exceed the speed rating of the tyre.

I have heard comment on the anacondas that they need to be run at very low pressures as the large transverse blocks stop the tyre face flexing over obstructions on firm / rocky ground and so reduces traction.

Of course, in their true home - deep mud - they should be excellent! B)

15psi eh? I think Bathtub might be along in a mo to soundly mock us all! I think he calls low pressure about 3psi! :o:o

Still, would be interested to hear how you get on.....

I wonder what they're like on greasy side slopes.. :o

I like what you've done to the front of that Rangie.

Any more pics?

You MUST be careful about speed rating of the tyre.

If (and let's hope you never are) you were involved in a serious/fatal RTA then your truck WOULD be siezed as evidence.

If your tyre was not speed rated above the maximum theoretical speed of your vehicle (and they use Land Rover's figures, not yours even thoug you've got different R&Ps and a lower transfer box, the vehicle inspector might well point the finger of blame at your tyres (and therefore you) as being a contributory factor of the TA. This may well in turn earn you a prosecution for death-by-dangerous or something equally nasty.

All in the search for saving a few quid on a tyre for your landy.

Spend a bit more money and aget a properly rated tyre.

Si

Many thanks for the informative replies partially the photo ......................... they don't look like that on the web site I was looking to buy from! so I don't think I'll be going for them will have a look into Macho's though :rolleyes:

Mark I would agree re RTV's :)

This forums great for informative information :D

Cheers

Steve

Tis mine and a mates, he pays for stuff, i do the work, we both get to play with it, seems fair :lol:

Still undecided about colour, it's all in grey primer at the moment

I'll put the tyres on my hybrid once it done in a couple of months and i'll give you guys a report on how the tyres perform ;)

• 2 years later...
Not sure they would be allowed in all RTV's. Best check with the club you intend to trial with.

most alrc clubs say you no if you can put a steel ruler across in the tread

the insa tubo special track are farily good

thats what i'm putting on mine when my bronco dirt devils cant be fixed or are worn out.

tim