Tay Forest Challenge 2008

JennyB

I hear the results are as follows:

1st Alan Kemp/Dafydd Belton & Chris Abel/Simon Wilkinson

2nd Will Davenhill/Barr & Justin Dean + co driver

3rd Tony Baskill/David Needham & Dransfield/Longden

Apologies for the missing names guys! Hopefully someone can fill in the blanks for me. Congratulations to you all anyway.

Well done to everyone else who made it through the two days relatively intact, I understand there were a quite a few casualties along the way.

Well done chaps. Nice to see the Howling Wolf competitors filling the placings.

I think it's about time Mr Able & Mr Wilkinson have to carry extra ballast or run with only 3 wheels or something. This is getting silly!

Only joking lads, having watched you two all year, the pair of you have it nailed at the moment, well done.

Just one last thing. Did Alan actually smile when he found out he had won? If so can someone please post a picture!!

When your co driver has the grit and determination to do things like this to help get you through a section you can seeone of the factors on how the team did well.

Image005WinCE.jpg

The event was as tough as we expect from AFC/TFC winning team achived 11 sections through 2 days.

Image008WinCE.jpg

This wasn't without some problems.

Image009WinCE.jpg

Alan was smiling on Sunday evening though.

Image029WinCE.jpg

Congratulations to Alan,Dafydd,Chris and Simon a well deserved win.They passed us in the section in the photos above and we got to the nasty bit just as they were going through.Watching Simon climb the tree like some sort of racing monkey was awesome :D but it made us decide to call it a day and reverse out(if we didnt we would still be there now :blink: ).We watched this team in several tricky bits and they worked really well together and made it look easy and both cars were superb

well done guys

Paul ;)

Had a good weekend mooching round and taking pics. Congratualtions to the guys, well deserved. Never seen a diesel driven like Chris' was on section 19 yesterday... insane. Short clip here:

Hopefully get further pics and videos up this week asap. Need spleep now, 1am bed and leaving the site at 7am this morning has done wonders...

Well done to lads, Be good next year when you both have nice new trucks,

So how do the winchs compare, 2 top teams with 2 top winchs, Good result,

Carl.

The winches were both excellent, I stalled mine on the saturday 'cos I had too much rope on. Sorted that for sunday and it was faultless. First AFC/TFC without snapping a rope :lol:

Dafydd and Si worked like Trojans, there were some steeep sections, very slippy and very long.

Whats all this about me not smiling, I'm not a miserable fu**er, its just the way my face is made :angry::(<_<

Congratulations to Alan,Dafydd,Chris and Simon a well deserved win.They passed us in the section in the photos above and we got to the nasty bit just as they were going through.Watching Simon climb the tree like some sort of racing monkey was awesome :D but it made us decide to call it a day and reverse out(if we didnt we would still be there now :blink: ).We watched this team in several tricky bits and they worked really well together and made it look easy and both cars were superb

well done guys

Paul ;)

Cheers Paul, your team were real gents letting us past. We passed a few teams who were all OK about it, very sportsman like, it cost us some time in waiting for hard bits to be cleared but it was the same for everybody.

Well done to all! Teamwork of Simon and Dafydd, Alan and Chris was impressive. Some of the best co-driving I have ever seen!!!

Seemed that Tony had a great second day with coming 3rd overall.

Jim had a stroke of bad luck. On our first section a branch got into the engione bay ripping off the cables on the winch solenoid. It took us more than 30min to repair.

In the second section a tree stump ripped off the oil cooler fitting off the gearbox and that was the end of our event.

Next year....

Congratulations everyone..... :D

Superb event, revamped and hard as nails.

Proper "you have got to be joking" type sections, making this the toughest event in the UK again....awesome.

We had some bad luck with a large tree coming up and crushing the underside of a solenoid box and cutting the wires inside (how unlucky is that?) and then in the second section i drove out of a gulley and dropped my car on a large tree stump that managed to wedge itself between the gearbox and the bell housing shattering the pipe fixings.

Again a freak accident that would be almost impossible to replicate :(

But that is offroading.

Until next year.......

Jim :)

Well done, guys. Awesome performance! You do make a bit of black smoke though Chris :ph34r:

Black smoke = More Power = getting up hills faster :)

We had a great weekend up in Scotland, Alan, Dafydd, Simon and I worked hard for that at the weekend. It was by far the hardest event we have done so far. I would like to thank the Teams that were true sportsman, letting us pass in a section.

Its a shame that Mr Marsden broke his car so soon, i was really looking forward to overtaking mid section, maybe ill get the chance next year?!

Look forward to seeing some more photo's, i hope someone got a picture of Alan's car driving on two wheels in section 11 :rolleyes:

Black smoke = More Power = getting up hills faster :)

We had a great weekend up in Scotland, Alan, Dafydd, Simon and I worked hard for that at the weekend. It was by far the hardest event we have done so far. I would like to thank the Teams that were true sportsman, letting us pass in a section.

Its a shame that Mr Marsden broke his car so soon, i was really looking forward to overtaking mid section, maybe ill get the chance next year?!

Look forward to seeing some more photo's, i hope someone got a picture of Alan's car driving on two wheels in section 11 :rolleyes:

Mr Nick has got some great shot's of that :lol:

Well done lad's on a great team win :i-m_so_happy:

We had a pretty good event, but I do have a complex about tree stumps! We also contested stage 11, and got help from chris and his team to get out. chris' co driver is a monkey! Thanks for helping us guys, the section was actually made easyer after we passed through, we had moved some trees by quite a bit.

Great event.

Daan

just got home and what can i say , AMAZING WEEKEND :D:D loved every minute of it , massive thanks to simon for helping me out over the week end and thanks to Alan and Chris for there faultless driving ,

and a big thank you to andy and his team for setting out such eveil sections :o , we loved each and every one we entered for there mix of technical and fast bits .

cheers to the guys who let us through ,really was appreciated hope we thanked you all at the time

ROLL ON NEXT YEAR

Dafydd(Alan k's battered and brused but very happy co-driver)

We were up there marshalling this weekend and had a great time. The teams we were with made it an easy job, must have been hard work running after the winners though, :D they passed us a couple of times and were certainly going at it.

Well Done to Chris/Simon & Alan/Dafydd

A few pics

TayForest016.jpg

TayForest025.jpg

TayForest042.jpg

TayForest054.jpg

TayForest055.jpg

TayForest060.jpg

TayForest066.jpg

TayForest098.jpg

TayForest109.jpg

TayForest103.jpg

just got home and what can i say , AMAZING WEEKEND :D:D loved every minute of it , massive thanks to simon for helping me out over the week end and thanks to Alan and Chris for there faultless driving ,

and a big thank you to andy and his team for setting out such eveil sections :o , we loved each and every one we entered for there mix of technical and fast bits .

cheers to the guys who let us through ,really was appreciated hope we thanked you all at the time

ROLL ON NEXT YEAR

totally agree.