Winter comes..

Can't really complain about the heater on my 300 TDI and it can get too hot for me!!

I bought a plug-in electricially heated seat cushion for my wife for a tenner from Woolworths and it works!! Result no more frosty wife (well at least sometimes :D:D:D )

Check the heater wires and the adjustment of them.

Steve

Can't really complain about the heater on my 300 TDI and it can get too hot for me!!

I bought a plug-in electricially heated seat cushion for my wife for a tenner from Woolworths and it works!! Result no more frosty wife (well at least sometimes :D:D:D )

Check the heater wires and the adjustment of them.

Steve

Me too :rolleyes: 300 TDI 1996 and it can easily get to warm, a few years ago it was taking a while to warm up so I changed the thermostat and back to normal again.

Bob.

Kinda on topic, but if its any help my cab is pretty toasty, I guess because the heater still works???

Slightly off topic, building bespoke 110 defender at the mo, was thinking of not fitting the bulky standard heater, this way I can free up space in the engine bay / dash and make something a bit better dash wise, or just modifi?

Anyhow, so what heater to get really, Kenlow looks nice and cheap in comparrason to the other two, Webasto or Eberspracher

i only get luke warm air which is enough to demist the screen but it seems the 200 tdi wont run hot enough for toasty warm air!

i currently have bigger issues than warmth, it rains in my 90 when you go down hill! damn door seals/head lining/spot lamps from previous owner! an even bigger issue will be if it gets really cold it could become snow!

on a van fit a fume curtain or tarp behing the 2 front seats, over roll bar or tie to roof, then you wont heat the whole thing up if you don't need to. If you are feeling really posh put a plasticy window in for rear view. Feeling lazy, You can buy for about £60? :o from exmoor.

Pete

my heater is lovely and warm - as others have said, check the cables are adjusted properly and if still no joy then the thermostat.

About time to fit the radiater muff to speed the warm up time of the engine, and when it starts getting really cold the viscous fan can come off as well. With both done, the engine warms up in about half the time but still never overheats when pootling around town on the way into work.

Also i bought a heated seat cover off ebay for £12. Tried it out last week when it was a bit parky - wow, superb. I wouldnt bother with those heated plates that go in the seat base, as they only warm up your bum and they aint cheap. The heated seat cover i got heats the base AND the back of the seat right up to shoulder height.