SVX Defenders

tuko

This vehicle has presented me with a number of questions since it appeared earlier this year, all basically relating to it's productions numbers. If you read the few release articles that are on www, you'll see that the production numbers just don't jive! :blink:

One article says that there will be a limited run of just 200 units (SVX) ......Limited edition territory numbers B)

Then if you keep searching you'll see that the numbers change to 1600 units (SVX) ......OK, this is well beyond "limited" guys! :lol:

Even with those numbers, there is no break down of hardtops, soft tops, 90's or 110's. :(

Here in Sweden I have found out that the allotted numbers for us is 10 units, (5) 110's and (5) 90's.

BUT it still brings me back to the real question, what are the production numbers? How many are 90's and 110's. Will there be a specific number allotted for the home market and then a ROW run? Does anybody know the numbers?

Cheers,

Todd.

post-194-1228005608_thumb.jpg

post-194-1228005631_thumb.jpg

post-194-1228005652.jpg

post-194-1228005662_thumb.jpg

post-194-1228005784_thumb.jpg

Amazing how they manage to make the limited editions progressively uglier isn't it.

First we had the Defender 50th V8, which I quite liked.

Then somewhere after that the G4, which was ok if a bit garish

Tomb Raiders...

Those funny limited edition ones in the 1950s green which looked great on a Series 1 and just odd on a new vehicle especially with body coloured wheels :unsure:

And now this :unsure: apparently another exercise in "don blindfold and put a pin into ten pages of the accessory catalogue at random" with a Lego front end on it. I think I'd start with a standard vehicle and spend the same money on the bits I wanted to make a BogMonster limited edition of one B)

is the design dept trying to do bespoke landrovers for Drug dealers? Someone will obviously like them judging by the number of X5 black with tints running about , what happened to built for purpose with land rover, the defender is becoming a joke as a work horse. Look at woolies if you want to know what happens when you lose sight of your market . T*y$&a just about cornered the NGO/ UN market , mil ? :ph34r: JMHO

UK gets 200 vehicles 140 to be 2 door soft tops, remaining 60 are to be 4 seat 90 station wagon.

other markets will get 110 SW, 90SW & Soft top 90.

Ralph,

so there will be no 110's for the home market?

Any ideas on the ROW figures?

Cheers,

Todd.

I counted half a dozen of them in the storage shed on Friday night. I think the roll cage pipe looks too bigger diameter for the car...out of proportion.

I also think it should have been left black......but the seats are really nice.

I'll find out what the Middle East Quota is for this model. None of them have been put in the showroom yet...but I'm sure they'll sell out quickly. The new engine hasn't gone down very well with the local market though...we've started transplanting 4.6 JED engines into them already.

post-264-1228122155_thumb.jpg

The new engine hasn't gone down very well with the local market though...we've started transplanting 4.6 JED engines into them already.

So, just hypothetically you understand, what will a new take-out TDCI engine and gearbox cost me delivered to the UK? ;)

Chris

Chris.

There is one complete engine, gearbox and wiring loom sitting on the workshop floor. It came from one of the Sheiks cars...do you want me to investigate a price for it?

For the quantity and price questions raised earlier in the thread.

The Middle East received 9 x 90's Soft tops priced @ 33,000 GBP & 16 x 90's Hard top @ 27,000 GBP.

We also took 50 of the 110 SVX but they are all sold and I couldn't get a price.

Chris.

There is one complete engine, gearbox and wiring loom sitting on the workshop floor. It came from one of the Sheiks cars...do you want me to investigate a price for it?

I am not well positioned just now to make such a move but this time last week I might have been a whole lot more interested. I would imagine that shipping would be the killer but if it is as simple as asking a question I would like to know what the new engine/box is valued at. Don't put yourself out. :)

Chris

Thanks Streaky for the figures from you part of the planet. ;)

I wonder why that 90 is parked up in a garage? Is it sold already and waiting delivery.

With 2009 around the corner and Land Rover being 61 years old, will there be a fire sale on all the unsold SVX's :huh:

Todd.

I wonder why that 90 is parked up in a garage? Is it sold already and waiting delivery.

Todd.

The registration year here is from january to january...so quite a few owners would rather their new car be given a 2009 registration.

Looking at the photo's :o , a production run of 1 is too many!

Harsh, I know.

Coat on and heading for the door.

Ahem............................................

I asked Harwoods if I could order a 90 soft-top months ago, politely told all allocated, just last month I think LR still had not delivered soft tops due to supply problems?

I thought they looked nice from the pictures, not seen one in the flesh so to speak, shame no-one else likes them :(

I asked Harwoods if I could order a 90 soft-top months ago, politely told all allocated, just last month I think LR still had not delivered soft tops due to supply problems?

I thought they looked nice from the pictures, not seen one in the flesh so to speak, shame no-one else likes them :(

Be patient Dave, in a 12 months time you'll get one with a good discount ;) You may also find that some of the speculators that bought one hoping they could sell it on for a premium may need to shift some as soon as they are delivered.

Steve

Agreed looks quite chunky like this:

post-784-1228167653_thumb.jpg

but from this angle!!

post-784-1228167674.jpg

NOT nice

Strange how the economy has left the main stealers with egg on their faces. I called up about one of these and was told politely that they had sold out ages ago (I'm goingback a couple of months now) Yet only 2 weeks ago I got a call from a dealer who has one (soft top) in the showroom ready to go....I asked what the discount was - funny the line went really quiet :lol:

Guess my 98 90 will have to do then.

Strange how the economy has left the main stealers with egg on their faces. I called up about one of these and was told politely that they had sold out ages ago (I'm goingback a couple of months now) Yet only 2 weeks ago I got a call from a dealer who has one (soft top) in the showroom ready to go....I asked what the discount was - funny the line went really quiet :lol:

Guess my 98 90 will have to do then.

I agree, supply and demand, main stealers must be gnashing their teeth and emptying their wallets :lol:

Therefore £37K for that one on eblag is a joke. The soft-top was advertised new by LR for low £30K?

I would want to part with less than £30K for a new one and less than that secondhand

Does anyone know who LR got to make the soft-top? If I get one will have to talk to Chris at Badger in the USA for a nice replacement....................

So, just hypothetically you understand, what will a new take-out TDCI engine and gearbox cost me delivered to the UK? ;)

Chris

I recieved an email back from the worshop. This brand new engine, gearbox and loom will cost you 3000GBP and you pay the freight costs to the Uk from Dubai.

They are also open to offers...so a spot of haggling is in order. I'm pretty sure they'd take 2500GBP for it....freight is not negociable.

Regards.

S.