Flooding in Somerset

Just been to Reading on the M4 and was surprised at the amount of standing water in the fields!!

A fence in one field was below the water level and in one place ther was standing water on the motorway.

Not a nice journey with all the spray as I was towing a trailer with a car on it!!!

Didnt have to rescue him as the walls were holding out around the house. Got his water pump going and that was countering what was coming in and drains were taking some away.

Just got the issue of my engine decided to have a wee slurp of water but not enough to stop my outing with tim and james though :D

It's a sad fact of LR ownership that I have slight pangs of jealousy for those who have proper floods or snow or such like. Down here we get a few big puddles or a heavy frost and that's about it, enough to cause people to leave their brains at home but not enough to be "fun". Obviously I'm not making light of having your house flooded, just a bit jealous at all the opportunities for splashing about :(

The Meare to Glastonbury road was closed last night -the drainage ditch was literally pouring across the road -but then it's pretty common along there TBH.

Didn't try Wookey ford, though I expect it's got to be 4ft deep at the moment.